Archive

Friday, October 30, 2009

family reunion


Last weekend I had the absolute pleasure of going back to my parents house for a family photo shoot. Not my family, although I've known them long enough that I can honestly say they feel like family.

Ashley and I go way back. As in, way back to 2nd grade when Ashley told me my hair looked like "slugs." I was not amused. Poor dear was trying to give me a compliment. You know, my dark hair was shiny and smooth like...uh like slugs? Yeah, you had to be there. I finally get it. I think.

Seriously, Ashley is a dear friend who loves the Lord and her family with all her heart. We have lots of great memories together - including Shakertown when we were 11. You better believe it; better than Disney! Well, it is for the Shakers...if there are any left. Anyway, Ashley and I have a great way of coming together no matter how long we've been apart. She knows me, I know her, and we are able to pick right up where we left off whenever we get together. I love her very much and thank God that we have remained friends all these years.


Isn't Ashley gorgeous? This picture just gets me. Her face is glowing, and Riley is so adorable I want to steal him! Except, that is wrong. Okay, maybe just borrow him for a couple days. Then, give him back to his beautiful mama.



Ashley and Ryan, her hubby, wanted to take photos at my parent's house. I can't blame them. My parent's house is practically the garden of Eden. It's gorgeous, secluded, serene and perfect. The creek, the woods, the garden, the fall color. Perfect for a wedding or a photo shoot. Especially when her little punkin is included!

Mr. Ed even gave us some good suggestions, though it's rare that I am wise enough to listen on the first go around. Thankfully, I did...for the most part. It was Mr. Ed's suggestion to put Riley on the four wheeler for a real man shot. Good idea dad!


A shout to PW and her fantastic (and free!) Photoshop actions. I don't find too many opportunities to use the colorized action, but little punkin was set up perfectly in his red jacket. I couldn't resist!






Thanks for the fun Duff family! See you soon!

xoxo,
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. what beautiful pictures of such a beautiful family!!! great work Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abigail! They are a beautiful family inside & out! Made taking pictures easy as pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the second to last picture is my favorite. it is stunning. you captured the wonder of babyhood perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right she does glow! Great pics. Super cute baby...I'd want to grab him too:)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!