Archive

Thursday, October 29, 2009

german chocolate cake with love


Remember when I went home and had my mama's famous german chocolate cake after her famous pot roast and famous red hot apples? Remember when all hopes and aspirations of being a svelte 20-something instead of a happy chubby...uh 20-something...went out the window?

No? Well, trust me it happened.


And let me tell you...




...I have no regrets.




Would you?



Seriously.

I could eat that frosting for dinner.

My mama makes the hands down best german chocolate cake you've ever experienced. And, if you're nice I may share the recipe. (Hope you don't mind mama.) I don't think she'll mind. She is very generous when it comes to recipe sharing. And she knows how nice my bloggie friends are. For the record, she is generous in every other aspect, too. My warm-hearted hospitable mama. Love you!

And your german chocolate cake. A LOT!


If you can read it you can make it. Luckily my mama has good handwriting.



Dear Mama,

Please make again real soon. Thank you.

Much love,
Rachel...your favorite daughter (this side of Gary)

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it; it was fun making it for you. And it's the least I could do for my favorite daughter in Indiana! :-)

    P.S. No fair 'cutting' and pasting any of that last sentence.... ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that's a good idea! Maybe not necessary since we ALL know I'm the favorite. ;) wink, wink
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy looking cake! Your mom does have lovely handwriting...I just may have to try this one out sometime! So, you said "cake with love" and this reminds me a of a shop here called "Cake Love". It was started by a George Washington University Law Alum. GWU was my 2nd home after HC or HU...whatever you want to call it. At Cake Love they use all the delicious fattening ingredients in their cakes and cupcakies...no feel-good-about-yourself-low-fat junk! :-)

    P.S. Rachel, you should know that I will be in the Indy area around December 19th. Maybe we can talk in the real world instead of just the blogging world!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Cake Love sounds divine! I'm a big supporter of butter and tend to do all things necessary to ensure my love handles don't go anywhere. :)

    I would LOVE to see you in December! Maybe we could hook Liz in and have a mini Christmas party! I'm definitely up for hosting.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMMMM!! The picture of a piece cut out makes my mouth water, seriously! I think I need breakfast.
    I am also going to try and make this little baby from that recipe card. (I love recipe cards by the way, especially when they are all mucked up by old droppings of oils and such. :)

    I would also like to invite myself to a festive christmastime hangout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a plan. A blogging girl party! I'm staying with Ginny some where in the Indy area. I forget... Liz, you definitely have to come too!! It'll be a blogging people party and then we can blog about it :-)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!