Archive

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Painter


summer field - photo by ed rhine



The day is yours, and yours also the night; you established the sun and moon. It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth; you made both summer and winter. Psalm 74:16-18 (NIV)

Isn't it wonderful to know that the world was created and is being sustained by someone larger than us? By a mighty mighty God who is creative, deeply loving and incredibly interesting. A Holy Father who delights in the fields, flowers and rivers He's created. My heart is deeply touched by the beauty He has surrounded us with. One just needs to look up to see paintings in the sky moving and changing from day to evening, from calm to stormy. Free gifts of love. Sweet Jesus, you're beauty overflows over the earth!

Can you imagine what heaven is going to be like?! My brain cannot even fathom the beauty that we will experience. I'm so excited!

Thank you Jesus for a gorgeous summer. The flowers were especially beautiful this year. Thank you for your displays of beauty and reminders of your awesome power and love. May I be still and hear your voice in the cool breezes and beautiful colors that autumn is sure to bring. And thank you for my bloggy friends. They are quite lovely, too!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I love your blogs!! I look at you site daily to see with is new. I have your site saved in my "bookmarks" on all my computers (home and work).
    It IS amazing what God Created here on Earth! I think of that daily as I go through my day. We are truly Blessed. I love you and hope you have a great week!!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa! It means a lot to me that you read my blog. You are so sweet! I'm hoping to post something new tonight. You are such a blessing to us! We love you!
    P.S. Bonnie sends kisses your way! :) - Rachel

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!