Archive

Thursday, September 17, 2009

seasons to remember

the very grand canyon - summer 2009


Fall is in the air. Do you smell it? The evenings have turned crisp right before my nose. I am a little sad that the summer of 2009 is almost over. It has been a memorable summer to say the least. However, it is approaching just that, a memory. One to be cherished and tucked away for reflection. No need to be too sad my friends. Fall is a beautiful time of the year. We have already established its crispness. There are also fun happenings such as pumpkin picking, cider at Conner Prairie, walks in the woods, and lets not forget the lovely fall decorations!

Mr. Schalk and I got married in September. It was not officially autumn, but one would have guessed it was by our outdoor celebration. It would take a special post to describe our wedding. I'm a bit too tired on this work night to give it its full justice. Let's just say it was very fitting for our personalities. Full of God's abundant blessings and not the least bit average. We had pie not cake. My sweet mama made my gorgeous dress. It was outdoors in God's beautiful landscape not a church. Although for the record, I love churches and weddings in them. Just not mine. There were many things that made it unique and lovely. I will have to elaborate soon. It is such a sweet memory.


Wedding rose - September 2005


I would love to hear your favorite memories from this summer or what you have planned for the fall. Photo excursions? Home projects? Learning to craft your own cider? Oh my goodness, that reminded me of apple donuts at Connor Prairie! Be still my sugar loving heart! I wake up super early on Saturdays just to get these fantastic creations. They run out quickly...especially if I'm in line. I know what you're thinking. Yes, you can freeze them and they are still delicious thawed out. Not quite as amazing and full of fall joy, but really good. Totally worth it. 98% wonderful.


miss bonnie - summer 2009

Have a wonderful evening dearies! xoxo, rachel

4 comments:

  1. ahahah 'they run out quickly, especially if i'm in line'..

    favorite fall thing: bonfires. i love em. i love the smell of smoke on my hair and clothes when its over. i love roasting things. i love swinging outside under big trees. i love hoodies and tights. i love the crispness in the air. i love seeing families coming out of the grocery with a pumpkin in their cart. i love the sound of raking leaves. i love knowing that i will incorporate pumpkin or apple in every single dessert i make until thanksgiving. i love that christmas is only 3 months away!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even get me started about Christmas! I am SO excited, too!!!! Love your fall list, Liz honey. Raking, pumpkin, apple, spice, campfires...oh joy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i miss fall more than anything! the beautiful leaves, crisp air, making cider (at Ashley's parents house...memories), fall foods! i love it all! it's honestly been one of the hardest things to miss living in florida.

    i try to keep it alive through cooking. last night we had a squash and white bean soup...yummy! chili is on the menu for a future week. it's about time to start rolling out pies too.

    and of course, i've been actively listening to christmas music for a few weeks now. i can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Abby, squash and white bean soup. YUM! I love that you listen to Christmas music already. I may have to break some out myself - you're inspiring me. Ashley's fall parties were the best, weren't they? Talk about sweet memories! I'm so glad you and I have connected again. You are a delight!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!