Archive

Thursday, August 13, 2009

mr. ed


"That's Mr. Ed to you." If I've heard that once I have heard it 8 kajillion times. This is my tree huggin' daddy. Isn't he a goof? I love him more than the stars in the skies and the butterfly wings to get there. One time we watched a meteor shower together. We got up early and went and laid down in the middle of the gravel lane that led back to our house. We watched it at the same place that I used to pull the "trigger" for the clay pigeon shooter. Mr. Ed loves his plants, his daughters and his woman...aka my mama. He also loves Jesus, which makes my heart sing. He is the one who instilled an importance in attending church every week. He is a very good man who always makes me laugh.

We are different. Very different. And yet...similar. Off the bat you may say that I'm more like my mama. However, the following similarities with this tree huggin' father of mine will show otherwise:

1. We both love our snacks...salty and of course sweet!

2. We adore animals...especially farm animals....cows, pet pigs, goats...we both want to own some to the chagrin of our other loved ones. Too bad he has a farm and I don't. I think I could talk B into a few pygmy goats if we had a farm.

3. He's goofy. I'm next in line. No one else in the immediate family seems to be as willing to be goofy in such a vulnerable way. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'm trying not to think too hard about that.

4. We both enjoy mornings and find God in nature.

There is more, but that will be for another time. The point is, I love my tree planting, snack loving, goof ball of a dad. Mr. Ed is just great in my book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!