Archive

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feelin' Campy


Tonight I brought the campfire indoors. Last time we tried to have a fire pit outside we thought the neighbors were going to call the fire department. What are the rules? I need a hand book. Fires in backyard must have flames no higher than 3' with ample water supply and only 1 package of Hebrew Nationals. Yeah, I need boundaries.

Seriously, the South Beach modification is going as well as can be expected for my track history of diet jumping. I can start and stop a diet faster than you can say, "soda pop." This time I am taking it one meal at a time. Lean meats, eggs, veggies, and the above treat were included in today's menu. I can't be too strict or I won't stick with it. Just keepin' it real.

I haven't been in the mood to cook this week, but I have a lot of mallows left from my mallow pops. So, I found the smallest oven safe dish I could find and poured out some mini mallows in that bad boy. My grandma used to make these for me when I was a little tike. The minis were always my fave. She would put them on a dinner plate. I used a Pyrex glass lid. Either way, arrange them in a single layer and put them under the broiler. A few minutes later they are tasty and delicious. Just like a campfire only FASTER! I eat mine with a fork.

Yum and enjoy! This may be the fastest, most inexpensive dessert on the PLANET!

1 comment:

  1. oh maaaaaaan. those marshmallows are totally anti south beach woman! you sound just like me. i was eating cheese sticks and broccoli all day and then ten minutes ago i had some cake and icecream. i think a good run in the morning will get that junk outta me. you think? as for your marshmallows, im jealous. what a fun idea. ive got strawberry ones leftover. im pouring dish soap on them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!