Archive

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Life Lately :: Snow Week


Untitled
Before the snow really started to come down - 1.5.14
If someone were to ask me what life looked like today it would be simple, hard and oh so joyful. All good things are hard work, right? There is much joy in a hard day done well. It's not always fun, but there is always joy somewhere in this pile of dirty laundry and 3 hour work commutes.

IMG_2868
IMG_2899c
The little Chief is just about as awesome as apple pie. No, he is MORE awesome than apple pie. He is the happiest child I have ever met. He doesn't like it when I drink coffee, which is kind of a bummer. Luckily, my tea seems to have no ill effects. We got snowed in this week creating a semi-blissful, slightly stressful, 4 day weekend. It was great to be together, but we couldn't leave the house due to 12 inches of snow and a windchill of 30 BELOW. Brrrrr! After two days of Chief not napping well I began wondering if it was the caffeine he was getting when I nursed him. I don't drink much coffee, but I switched to tea and dude was all but saying, "Thanks, Mom. I was wondering when you would figure it out." Sleeping like a baby as they say.

Mr. Schalk had an extra special birthday this week. Not only did we enjoy it as a family (yay, snow day!), but it was his big 32. As in the age I have always wanted to be and therefore I deem extra special. Because why not? Why not make 32 a special year? A year of chair building, dreaming, exploring and learning for him. I admire him so much more than I express. Why do words always get in the way?

IMG_2848
Baby toes are scrumptious. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!