Would you look at these monkeys? Cricket was SO excited to have her buddies, Opie and Duke come for a visit a few weeks ago. It's pretty tricky to get a decent picture of one kiddo, let alone three. I figure the blur just adds to the energy of the day. And, let me tell you there was a LOT of fun energy!
 |
| Opie (~21 months), Cricket (2yrs), Duke (4yrs) |
Cricket girl LOVES her puzzles. She especially enjoys these Thomas 24 piece puzzles. When she puts one together Mr. Schalkdaddy and I clap, whoop and holler like crazy people. She gets so excited that she literally runs laps around the living room. It's both hilarious and adorable!
 |
| Concentration and pretty Ashley in the background (who is expecting her third sweet baby this month and looks amazing! I am SO excited to meet their new bundle of love!) |
The kiddos got along great. They are all train lovers and did well in the sharing department. Duke, being older, is a great little man who was very patient with the littles. He is a super big brother, and friend, with the most charming personality. It is evident what wonderful and loving parents these little men have.
 |
| Each with their own train toy content as can be. Choo choo! |
This moment of collaboration over Percy the green engine did not last long. They were soon off on more adventures. I was happy to catch this cute moment of them all being close and happily playing with one toy.
After lunch, we had some Play-doh time. When Mr. Schalk came home that afternoon he asked Cricket if she had fun with Duke and Opie. She replied, "yes," and then told him, "I even got to play pway-doh." I guess that was the highlight of her day. Oh, the simple joys!
 |
| Cricket's new "smile" face cracks me up! Three cuties! |
 |
| Bye friends! |
When it was time for Ashley and the kiddos to go home Cricket stood at the door the ENTIRE time watching them load up. She just kept smiling and watching, waving as they drove by. That smile is such a genuine Cricket smile. I loved watching her joy emanate from her little body. What a super day!
Let's play again soon, friends! We love you!
The joys of childhood friendships....so simple and sweet!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Does Ashley know if she is having a boy or a girl?