Archive

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Our Newest Friend

IMG_9573
Duke and Opie's little brother has arrived! Welcome to world little Cub!
IMG_9570
Perfect little bundle of joy.
IMG_9577
This Mother's Day was extra special as Cricket and I had the absolute pleasure of meeting the newest member of the Duff clan. Not even 24 hours old, I was in heaven. Cricket was content to play with her toys on the floor, or stay close to my side. Although, to her credit she did warm up and offer Baby Cub a sweet kiss and a surprisingly soft stroke of the cheek. I was afraid she would go Bonnie style and attack (as in Bonnie, you're my dog and I love you sooooo much...squeeze, pull, tug! Yikes!). She seemed to sense that this was a little baby and kindly followed my gentle lead. She was greatly rewarded with going up and down those stairs about a bajillion times. Little joys, right?

As you may have surmised, I give my friends' kiddos nicknames instead of using their real name, just like Cricket. It's hard to come up with a nickname until personalities start to shine through. For now, this little babe will be Cub because Duke would jokingly tell people there was a "bear cub" in his Mama's tummy. I can't wait to see this special one grow into a little man and gain a nickname suitable for his demeanor. Love you boys! Congrats Ashley & Ryan!!!

xo, Rachel

Flashbacks:
Duke's 6month photo shoot
Meeting Opie

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!