Archive

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cricket's 1st Train Ride

As I mentioned in my last post, Cricket got to experience her first train ride! When the first train, a loud freight, came by she was understandably a little frightened. Luckily, she had her Daddy's big strong arms to hold her. By the time our train came she was ready!
IMG_9326
Looks pretty neat from far away. Grandpa Schalk is excited, too!
IMG_9329
Ummm, maybe I'll just stick close to Daddy.
IMG_9335
Sweet girl is not so sure. It was pretty loud and big for a little girl.
IMG_9360
Our train. This is more like it!
IMG_9361
Yes, I am the Mom who let her paint with orange paint the morning of our trip. It was a little chilly and I didn't have any other clean white shirts to change her into afterward. So, she wore her orange stained shirt to the park and the train...and had a GREAT time!
IMG_9367
All aboard!

IMG_9393
Wowee!
IMG_9371
Safe by Daddy's side. xo
IMG_9402
She is saying "bye bye train" as it headed off into the sunset.
We ended our short trip back in Riverside where we walked to one of our favorite local restaurants, Chew Chew. Yes, a play on food and trains. How appropriate!

I love to see this girl's personality shine through. She adores trains and playing with all her toy "engines" as she calls them. Is there anything better than giving your child simple joys that make them so happy? It's a wonderful gift to be a parent and see their eyes light up.
IMG_9416
A train! A train!
We spotted a train after dinner in between two buildings. To say Cricket got a little excited would be an understatement. Oh, this girl is just the bee's knees!


IMG_9313ca

Thanks Grandpa (& Grandma) Schalk for my first train ride. It was super! I love trains, but I love you both even more!
xoxo, Cricket

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to making memories with our grandsons! So special!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!