Archive

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Wisdom of Mister Rogers


"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -- so many caring people in this world."
-Fred Rogers

Here are five wonderful (short) videos from Fred Rogers regarding helping children with scary news. Cricket is still too young to know about the world in regards to tragic events. Although, nothing would comfort me more than keeping her innocent for all her years, that is not going to happen. So, I read these articles and think about what we will tell her when she gets older and asks questions. I remember watching many Mister Rogers Neighborhood episodes when I was a child. I think  love him even more now. His wisdom, acceptance and gentle strength are an inspiration.

There are good people in this world. There are helpers, friends and people who are doing God's purpose by loving each other. I pray we all connect to God's truth through His people today. In our home we are praying for those hurting from the Boston tragedy and for those helpers who are near. Angels in our midst. God be with them all.

xo, Rachel

P.S. Here is a wonderful collection of Fred Rogers' wisdom if you are so inclined to be inspired. xo

1 comment:

  1. I love what he shared. I am thankful for that wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!