Archive

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mama's Memory Bank

Mama's Memory Bank: Documenting the simple moments for me to look back on. Because the good Lord knows my memory is not what it used to be.

Breakfast with friends
Dear Cricket,

The other day while Nana was spending time with you, you decided to pull the kitchen chair over to the counter. This is no small feat as the chair is large for your little hands. Yet, you seem to have mastered this task, as well as most anything you set your determined heart to. Yay you! Usually, you bring it over to help me bake, or wash your hands. This time you pulled the chair over, climbed up and set your elbows on the counter. Thoughtfully, you put your head in your hands.

Nana: What are you doing?
 
Cricket: I just want to think about something.
 
Nana: Well, what do you want to think about?
 
Cricket: I just want to think about...Caillou.

Oh child, wasn't it just yesterday you were signing "more" and only saying Mama, Dada and your animals noises? Where in the world did you learn about "just" and "something" and how to use them in a logical fashion? I think I laughed for a good 5 minutes over this scene. I'm so glad you felt comfortable to have such a thoughtful moment.

I love you!
Mama

(Oh, and for memory's sake Caillou is pronouned as "Cawa" in 2 year old Cricket language.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word. She is so adorable. I can't believe how much she is growing. What a little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Thomas the Tank engines keeping her company!! She is SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!