Archive

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Funny Girl

We happily went from this....

Thomas
Daddy drew Cricket a Thomas in the snow! Yay Daddy!
to this....

Beautiful day in the neighborhood. ☀
Family time...Bonnie and I are trailing behind Miss Speedy and Mr. Schalkdaddy.
in a matter of days. That's Indiana for you. This past weekend was chilly, but we all had cabin fever and needed to get out. I'm so glad we did. We didn't think we were going to get Cricket back inside. She literally ran down the sidewalk she was so excited to be outdoors. Silly goose! We even took the whole fam damily to the pet store to oogle at the birds and buy dog food. It's pretty fancy around these parts. :) I love the simple everyday things that can be turned into fun adventures.

Not amused :)
 
Such a serious face! This photo cracks me up. Cricket looks like such a little lady. Why do I think this face is going to make repeated visits in say 10 or 12 years? Hey girlie, humor your Mama, why don't ya?! I love her and all her crazy expressions!

G learned a new way to carry her friends.  #smartypants
 
My Mom bought Cricket a set of Thomas & Friends bath squirt toys for Christmas. She LOVES them! So much so that she thought it would be handy to tote them around in her bib. Oh my goodness, no one ever told me how funny they are at such a young age. I thought I'd have to wait longer for the laughs to start. Cricket is seriously a hoot and a holler these days. It's amazing what she observes, repeats and comes up with all on her own. The other evening Mr. Schalk was watching The Woodright's Shop with Roy Underhill. Cricket climbed on the chair, looked straight at the television and said, "It's dark here, too, Roy." So random and so funny!

That's our life in a nutshell. Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. The crazy midWest weather sure has been something, huh? We got back on Saturday to normal, spring temperatures. Then! It snowed on Sunday! On Friday? High of 72! I have a theory that we all get sick when the weather rapidly changes.
    Anyway, thanks for the sweet comment on my latest post :) I hope we are as happy as y'all with a baby as cute as Cricket in no time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is so adorable Rachel. I've been away from blog land for awhile so it's been a long time since I've seen a picture of your little Cricket. It is hilarious sometimes just how their little minds work and the things they say that totally take us by surprise and crack us up. I imagine it was a challenge for her trying to eat with those trains in her bib. ha ha

    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!