Cricket baby went to the Zoo for the very first time! It was a few weeks ago when we thought 85 degrees was hot. Thank goodness, we didn't try to go when it was over 100 degrees like it has been the last couple weeks. Hey Indiana, you're not supposed to be this hot!
Cricket saw so many animals from rhinos and elephants to monkeys and jaguars and everything in between. She was not nearly as impressed at my particular favorite, the red panda, as I was. She did enjoy herself, and in true baby fashion, got more excited over the puddles that the sprinklers made than the actual animals. Hey, whatever floats your boat kiddo!
Of all the wonderful attractions the Zoo held for my little wonder girl the most exciting was, surprisingly, the food! Yep, my baby who normally couldn't care less about food LOVED all the treats. On a normal day she will take two bites of something sweet and be done. This day, however, she devoured cinnamon apple chips, animal crackers and ice cream like it was her business. It was so cute! It was a special day so we went with it. It did make me chuckle quite a bit to see her go at it with such excitement.
 |
| Cricket says (and signs), "more please." |
What a great day! I would be thrilled if Miss Cricket became an animal lover like her Mama! We love the Zoo!
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
Oh what a cutie pie! I always loved taking my kiddos to the zoo. I finally got to see our little Maryn (just a few weeks younger than your little peanut) recently when I was home to my eldest daughter's wedding. I think we both have two cute as a button little girls! Love you to pieces. You are such a sweet little family. xxoo
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun age! She is growing up so fast. Love her little personality. :)
ReplyDelete