Archive

Thursday, June 7, 2012

What would 1950's Kodak think of Instagram?

Untitled
Dad's sunglasses and a vintage push car - this girl is ready to go! The car stayed and the girl went, but it was fun for a minute.
The little miss is getting quite good at antique shopping with mama and dada. We were in this little (actually it was huge) antique store in Greenwood a few days ago. She had already been to one antique mall that was a whopping 72,000 square feet (oh my!). Cricket was a trooper, playing in her stroller and looking at all the knick knacks while we walked up and down the many aisles. Mr. Schalkdaddy scored some tools and martini glasses while I snagged the coolest 1950's Kodak "How to Make Good Photos" book for three bucks.
Untitled
I looked and looked but couldn't find the chapter on Instagram....hmmm. ;)
Thanks for the tips 1950's Kodak
Thanks for the tips Kodak!
Antique/thrift/vintage stores sure offer babes a lot of visual stimulus. Once we got to the smaller-ish store we ditched the stroller, since the aisles were more narrow, and opted for Mr. Schalk's shoulders. Without any prompting Cricket laid her head on Mr. Schalkdaddy's, as content as can be on top of her world.
Best spot in the world. #dadsshoulders
My loves
We ended the day with a trip to Jonathan Byrd's cafeteria. A vintage treat in its own right. All in all, it was a pretty great day.

xo, R

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely!! I love antiquing.

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents have that exact stroller/pushcart that Cricket is in in the first picture! It was my older brother's. I also played with it for many hours with my dolls when I was older! I've never seen another one until now!! :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!