 |
I love these people!
(Ryan, baby Opie, Mr. Schalk, Garrett & Sean / Kaleena, Rachel J., Me & Ashley) |
The gang got together a couple weeks ago (read: Memorial Day, but I'm so late updating that we will gloss over the actual day) for an impromptu cook out. Talk about relaxed fun! What started as a text for a much needed play date ended in a evening of fun that none of us wanted to end:
Me: Heya, Kaleena when can Cricket and I come and play? I'm free such and such days, oh and also Memorial Day but I'm sure you and yours have some rad plans in store. Just throwing it out there.
K: Um, since I'm awesome at hosting (she didn't say that, but she is!) let me check with the hubs and I'm sure he'd be game for having a cookout of sorts. Bring dessert (cuz I always do) and we'll invite the girls and kids and it will be super-fun-awesome-great!
...or something like that. The actual texts may have been short and sweet, but I'm positive the above really expresses our internal enthusiasm properly.
So, we got together and had a great evening. Great food, great company and 5 kiddos under 4 years old playing until the sun literally went down. Towards the end they were all in their pj's still playing in the dirt and on the swing set and with each other.
 |
| Opie (10 months), Buggie (almost 2 1/2), Cricket (15 months), Duke (3 yrs), the Ring Leader (a couple months shy of 4 yrs) |
Highlights of our kiddos (because someday looking back I'll want to remember):
- Opie - This little man is taking steps already (what?!) and sprouting the most gorgeous strawberry blond hair. And, those lips are so squishy! An adorable, happy baby!
- Buggie - Sweet as pie! She responds so well to snuggles and affection. I love this little girl. Especially heart tugging was when she crawled on my lap to give me hugs and say "I love you." I melted.
- Cricket - Our little Cricket baby LOVED hanging out with the kiddos. She played in the dirt and mulch forever, putting it in a cup and tasting it (of course). She played in the pool, on the swing set, and even (accidentally) rolled down a hill. Thankfully, it was a little roll and she was laughing at the end. Phew! The little Ring Leader was such a good big sister friend to Cricket. They snuggled and read books and play monkey see, monkey do with the big sprinkler ball.
- Duke - Seriously, this guy cracks me up. He is hilarious, mischievous and down right fantastic. Here is singing a song that his daddy taught him while Mr. Schalk laughs his head off (we all were). I didn't catch all of it, but the gist to the lyrics were: "If you work all day and you don't get paid....you're a MOM!" Pretty cute and so funny!
- Ring Leader - The oldest of the pack, little M was a great little miss hostess. She drew a stellar person on the chalkboard, played with all the kiddos and had a smile on her face all night long. She is growing up to be such an inquisitive, bright, beautiful little lady.
 |
| yum! |
 |
| Story time with Rachel J. |
 |
| My heart is a big puddle...I love these girls so much! |
 |
| Ryan feeding Opie...whatta man! |
 |
| The Ring Leader and Cricket sharing some love. xo |
It was such a great night. These friends are truly like family to us, and we are blessed beyond belief to live close enough to get together for cookouts and parties. I wonder what the group will look like in another ten years?????
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment