Archive

Monday, June 4, 2012

It's gotta be good if it starts with hugs and ends with ice cream

CousinCollage_original

Cricket and her Cousin have such a sweet friendship. It's interesting the similarities they have with each other and with my Sister and me. They are both busy little bees with the sweetest dispositions. These girls are hugging pros! Right after that last shot in the above collage, they both fell down. Cricket just stared up and smiled - totally confused but happy. It was pretty funny!
photo 8
Cricket is trying to give me a smooch...which I happily obliged after I captured it for posterity.
photo 1
Cousin was instructed to round up the men. Off she goes!
photo 5

I walked out of the bathroom of this ice cream shop and could not find Cricket anywhere. Mr. Schalk, my sister, bro-in-law and Mama were all ordering at the counter. "Where is my Cricket?" I thought. Finally I turn the corner and see my dad feeding the girls chocolate ice cream. It was the absolute cutest thing ever! Two little birds taking turns opening their mouths wide for the chocolate goodness. This is the kind of photo that you look at when you're older and treasure having this moment with your Grandpa and Cousin saved in time.

Cricket has her jammies on since we had a long drive home. It's funny the things you pick up from your friends. I kept seeing them put their kiddos in jammies before leaving so when they fell asleep on the way home they could transfer them easily to their beds. I guess I would have figured that out sooner or later, but I was happy to take the hint from my friends. It has been such a gift having close friends with kids just a little older than Cricket. I've picked up so many tips.

It was a great evening with my family. As Cricket and her cousins get older I really treasure the time they get to spend together. Cousin friendships are really something special.

2 comments:

  1. Cousin friendships are special! What adorable photos! That last one is such a sweet moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little pair. Family times are the best of times. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!