Archive

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Baby in the Workshop

IMG_9690
While I was in the kitchen, probably snarfing Nutella and toast with my Saturday coffee, these two were having some quality bonding time in Mr. Schalk’s workshop. Yes, it’s also known as a garage, but I prefer workshop. Someday he’ll have a proper workshop where his tools and imagination can fully breathe, but until then I would much rather consider the garage his workshop/studio/man space. We all need a little space to call our own, don’t you agree?
IMG_9698
They definitely have their own special bond. I am amazed at how our little girl looks to her daddy for affirmation before anyone else. It’s like it is ingrained into her being to seek her Daddy's approval. Talk about a life lesson. Thankfully the Lord is always cheering us on to be our best for His glory. There is nothing sweeter to the soul than the affirmation a Dad, whether earthly or our Heavenly Father, gives us. I still remember my dad telling me I was the apple of his eye when I was a little kiddo. It's amazing the things we remember.
IMG_9683
I can just picture Cricket helping her Daddy build wonderful things out here. Adventures are sure to abound as they discover the joy of making projects together. It’s a gift to share passions with the ones you love.
IMG_9703

What a blessed little girl to have a Daddy who is over the moon in love with her. I know baby, it feels good, doesn't it? Daddy's sure are special!

xo, Rachel


1 comment:

  1. just a beautiful story and picture of love!! I bet you count your blessings when you see your 2 loves together!!
    I am your newest follower.pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!