Archive

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Swing High

IMG_9501
Oh my goodness, someone has found a new love. Cricket got a super cool baby swing for Christmas from her Grandma and Grandpa Schalk. I thought it would be a hit as this girl totally digs the wind in her face. I could not wait to get it up and see if my hunch would be confirmed. Who knew we'd be able to try it out two weeks into March? Yay Spring!
IMG_9411

It was one of the first beautiful days of the season, and we decided to try the swing out on a bit of a whim after a nice family walk around the neighborhood. Meaning, we did not have out apparatus (camera and video camera) at the ready for her first solo swing ride. I wish Mr. Schalk and I could have captured the giggles that we heard immediately after we put Cricket in her swing. Her eyes lit up as she giggled and squealed and pumped her legs. It was ADORABLE! We quickly realized we needed to capture this sweetness as I ran inside to grab the camera.
IMG_9417

IMG_9430

Our neighbor, an avid dog lover and all around funny guy, equated Cricket's joy to a dog sticking his head out the window for a rush. He actually hit the nail pretty close to the head. Cricket baby has always enjoyed fresh breezes on her face whether it's the boat, a stroller ride or her new love, the swing.

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Schalk! Cricket can't wait to go swinging with you soon! We love you!!!!
IMG_9550
IMG_9551c

IMG_9545

2 comments:

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!