Archive

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Super Bowl City

IMG_7729
IMG_7742
JW Marriott Hotel
Last Sunday, Mr. Schalk and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip downtown to see all of the festivities going on for the big game this Sunday. They have done such a good job from concerts, to the NFL experience to having Indy 500 race cars in front of Monument Circle with humongous roman numerals that spell out 46. We wanted to take a peek, even if it was a quick trip. Everyone was in a good mood, soaking up the events and seeing our city decked out to the max. There are a lot of amazing pictures on Flickr and different sites that show all the Super Bowl city highlights. I'm super proud of our city!


Photo from Indy Star



IMG_7727


We grabbed a few shots and walked around the circle, soaking it all in before we headed home. It really was spur of the moment as you can see we are still in our church clothes. Luckily, we had an extra coat in the car so Cricket got double coats and a blanket to keep her warm and toasty. Even so, our usually happy-go-lucky girl was rather quiet. She was really hoping we would hurry up so she could finish the nap that had already gotten a late start. Thanks for being a good sport, Cricket! She just hung out in our arms and observed all the football fans.

SuperbowlPostcard





They had photo booths set up along the street where you could take your picture and they would email you a postcard (and they set up a Flickr site to host all the pics and let you download). I used their frame and put our own picture in it. What fun!

It's going to be an exciting game this weekend. We are really looking forward to putting on our Super Bowl gear and cheering on the Giants (go Eli!). Cricket may even be sporting a special outfit from her favorite team. Picture to come, of course!

Hope you all have a great weekend full of fun, food and maybe even a little football. 
xo, RS

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute place you have here! I especially love the tiny typewriter in your header. Not sure how I clicked over, but fun to see some pics of Indy. I'm a former Midwest girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I would love to celebrate like this in the UK. Any excuse for good food right?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!