Our little girl is getting to be so big! She is our little observer and always on the go. Growing like a weed but as sweet and cuddly as ever. She still snuggles on my shoulder most nights before bedtime. Those times at night when she is settling down and drifting off will be the ones I remember the most from this season. When there are no cameras, no noise and nothing but the two of us. When the world fades away and we rock back and forth in each other's arms. Her smell, her murmers, her arms wrapped around my shoulders. Sometimes I find myself holding her just a little longer. Knowing each day is a gift and wanting to soak in every ounce of our time together. This is when everything feels right in the world. When I could not imagine wanting to be anwywhere else but rocking my darling girl to sleep. As I lay her in her crib and she settles in for the night I remind myself that these are the moments dreams are made of. And I smile.
xo, R
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
So cute! It will be her birthday soon wont it! x
ReplyDeleteYes Gemma! It's just a few weeks away and I'm SOO excited! :) Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteAw so cute!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/
beautifully written! i couldn't have put it better myself! i definitely find myself holding Maya just a few minutes longer, taking a few deep breaths, and reminding myself how i will cherish these moments for eternity. sometimes i'm jealous of the moms who can just lay their baby down for sleep, but mostly i love nursing and rocking her to dream land.
ReplyDelete