Oh my goodness, those gorgeous chubby thighs...I could just eat them up!
Just wanted to pop in and say "hello!" Things have been pretty quiet in this itty bitty corner of blog world this week. I chalk it up to being a wee bit tired. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm really tired. Cricket has gotten off her sleep schedule and as per usual it's a one step forward two steps back kind of thing.
I keep reminding myself that:
- Someday I'll have grown babies and think of these days with great fondness.
- I'd rather have my sweet, funny happy girl who doesn't "sleep through the night" regularly than any other baby in the whole wide world.
- God will give us wisdom to do the right thing for Cricket and strength to make it through the week on little sleep (read: she is not a cry it out baby and this mama's heart couldn't handle it if she were).
For the other record, Cricket is sitting in front of me munching on Sophie, so cute and sweet. As tired as I am, my heart is it is so full of joy. She is smiling and active and has completely captured my oh-so-sleepy heart.
The eternal optimist in me believes that I'll be back next week with renewed energy and perhaps something fun to talk about...wouldn't that be delightful?! However, if my brain continues its current mushy state I may be sticking to my routine of posting cute Cricket pictures. What I lack in content I make up in adorable baby love. Am I right, or am I right?
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo, Rachel

Look at that darling laughing baby with her mama! Great picture, Rachel! You've got the right attitude. Enjoy these wonderful, tired times.
ReplyDeleteShe's so precious! I'm sure you are doing a great job and I hope you get the rest you need soon! And I would love it if you just posted adorable pictures :) Happy weekend - hope you get to sleep more!!!
ReplyDeleteYES, you are right Rachel!!! She is really an adorable baby to look at! That smile of hers is worth all the lost sleep in the world.
ReplyDeleteI remember those days of mommy tiredness after little sleep. Yes,you do make it through and yes you do remember the middle of the night hugging and singing and praying while rocking your baby.
It's amazing how with one day of some extra mommy sleeps through the night, how God provides the energy you need. Here is hoping you have one of those nights tonight!!
Hugs,
Lee Ann
Hi Rachel, Will you email me at mamalovespapablog@gmail.com so I can get you in touch with Cari for your giveaway prize? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I can so relate to being a tired mama and lack of sleep. God is so good and gives us so much grace to endure this season. And, I agree, it passes by so quickly that with Finley I actually really enjoyed the middle of the night feedings and late night cuddles. So precious!