This is my current favorite photo. Mr. Schalk took it at Mackinac Island. My sweet six month old snuggle bug.
Favorite past time - Visiting antique stores with Mr. Schalk. We both have our separate interests (old tools, historical items, man stuff for him and kitchenware, jewelry, and quilts for me) as well as shared finds (old books, furniture, housewares). It's such a creative escape and fun to have a shared hobby.
Favorite drink - English breakfast tea with two scoops of sugar and a splash of skim milk. Be still my heart, I could drink this ALL day. It reminds me of when we visited London as a kiddo and has an instant calming effect.
Current read -
The Birth Order Book by (funny) Dr. Kevin Leman. I am loving this book. It is really insightful into why I am the way I am and how to have better relationships with others based on their birth order / upbringing. He has an easy-going charming way of writing, too. Perhaps because he is a last born? I really geek out on these kinds of reads. I just finished The No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. Heartfelt author with some good suggestions and others I left by the doorstep. Next up on the docket are The Help by Kathryn Stockett, The Power of A Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Fave Meal - Mr. Schalk's Sunday Best - Steaks on the grill, bergundy mushroom sauce, fried smashed potatoes and crusty bread. Flavor explosion and the ultimate treat! My tummy is growling just thinking about it.
Wearing - a grey shirt (with buttons for easy nursing) and a purple cotton skirt. I'm just grateful that I got a shower in before tomorrow.
Cricket baby - 6 months old, 14 lb 13 oz and 25 1/4 inches at her doctor visit this week. Numbers shmumbers...all I know is she is the perfect size for holding and snuggling. She is loving life these days and an absolute joy! Someday we'll get this sleeping thing down. Until then, we are enjoying watching the garden grow, reading Goodnight Moon and both making googly eyes over Mr. Schalkdaddy.
Favorite blog - Rants from Mommyland. Ohmygoshsostinkingfunny! It's ornery, delightful and real. I am especially enjoying these posts. Note: Do not read at midnight when you are nursing and then try to go to sleep. You may not be able to stop laughing long enough to catch any decent Zzzz's. Trust me. I know.
So, that's the low down these days. I'm sure there is an unending amount of random info I could continue rambling on about. My goals of learning to sew, sleeping and praying more for my family rank up there. As does my desire to create a "healthy" and still flavorful cookie that I can eat on a daily basis. Do those exist?
Hope you all have a delightful weekend!
xoxo, Rachel

how fun to post this! One day Cricket will look back with delight at what her mama was like when she was a wee one!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
{yes enjoy all those late night feedings :)- I miss that special time & quietness!}
Such a sweet picture of you and Cricket :)
ReplyDelete