Archive

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

IMG_9469

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.
-Erma Bombeck

We are blessed indeed to have our freedom, blessed by those before us who fought for that freedom and blessed by those with us who are still serving and protecting our country. I hope you all have a wonderful Independence Day celebrating these joys & more with the ones you love!

xoxo, Rachel


IMG_9717

IMG_9685

IMG_9688

6 comments:

  1. What a great quote :o) Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah hahaha! I love the quote. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leg warmers are killing me! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...I've gotten so out of the loop on your life. This baby thing sure does change everything! Like how I didn't realize how much free time I actually used to have! I love all your cricket updates and I especially love these leg warmers :-) I have a bunch for Maya to wear come Fall time.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!