Archive

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Getting Aquainted

Roar_GretaBonnie

The kids are starting to have fun together. It took a while, as anyone with a four-legged first born can probably attest to. Bonnie was our first baby, and took the role quite seriously. She was a good sport when Cricket was born, but I think she was a little confused at the new "situation". Who is this new little person who cries and takes my mama and daddy's attention? Harumph!

IMG_9200

aIMG_9165

IMG_9203

For a while Bonnie seemed a bit sad as she became a real life dog. "Is this baby staying, Mama?" Yes, Bonnie, she sure is. However, lest you think she was neglected during the early baby days, or even now, this is not the case. Bonnie girl has her own pack of people love and has a better quality of life than she did pre-Cricket. She is rarely home alone and gets lots and lots of extra pats, snuggles and play time. This natural balance has been good for her...she is a lot less anxious than she used to be.

aIMG_9156

Sure, Bonnie is now an official dog and has taken the submissive role in the family pack. And, sure she has taken a back seat on the ol' blog. Somehow I don't think she minds either change. She is still our Bonnie girl and loved through and through. Our family would not be complete without her, our beloved pet. I tell Cricket all the time that she is so lucky to have a doggie from day one. What fun they are going to have together!

aIMG_9174

aIMG_9180

It may have taken a little while, but I can happily say that both kiddos are getting well acquainted these days. Bonnie gives her sister kisses and does not eat her toys. In return, Cricket strokes her fur and has to be reminded not to grab too hard, for she is just a wee pup.

IMG_9171

The funniest part, is that after I shot these photos I looked at them and thought, "Hmm, they sure are similar sizes." I double checked Cricket's size from her doctor's appointment a couple weeks ago and Bonnie's from last week's grooming appointment. Would you believe there is only one ounce difference in their weight. Cricket is 12 pounds 9 ounces and Miss Bonnie is sitting pretty at 12 pounds eight ounces. My, oh my!

aIMG_9193

My two sweet girls. Do you think anyone will mistake them for twins? (*hehe*)

xoxo, Rachel

3 comments:

  1. So adorable : ) Your girls are too cute. 12 pounds? What peanuts.
    I would totally think they were twins. I think it is the hair that does it : ) Exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. That's too funny about their sizes! My cats are 18 and 16 pounds. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!