Archive

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cricket & Dad Take The Lake

IMG_9496a
"What's up party people?!"

Every summer we have the pleasure of traveling up to northern Michigan to where Mr. Schalk's family has a lovely house on Higgins Lake. Now that the babies are here it is more fun than ever!

IMG_9493
Cousin!


This year we couldn't wait to introduce Cricket to the lake. Before we could go out, however, we had to get the babe ready. Check out that adorable handmade cover up that my mama made. I am happy to report it did a great job protecting the babe's skin and is now on my bathroom door handle smelling all lovely and sunscreen-y. I'm having a hard time washing away the summer smell that I've waited all year for. Can you blame me?

IMG_9308

IMG_9534a

Mr. Schalk grew up on this lake spending many weekends year round exploring, swimming, skiing and having fun. It is a lake for all seasons as you may remember from this post.

Baby Mr. Schalk = astinkindorable!

Little Miss Cricket is certainly a summer beach baby just like her Papa was. She was fascinated by the water and watched Bonnie pup intently as she swim out to the boat.

IMG_9348

Of course, she also did a lot of this...

IMG_9545

What could be better than a nice snooze under the canopy as waves roll underneath? I am sure she dreamed of seashells and mermaids. Or, at least that's what I like to believe. I know she slept well on Mr. Schalk's favorite airplane towel that he has had since he was a kiddo. So sweet!

IMG_9576
This may be my favorite picture to date...my two favorites...sigh!

The best part about the weekend was seeing proud Schalkdaddy taking Cricket out for her very first boat ride. She absolutely loved it! Being in strong daddy's arms with the wind in her face was pure joy. She could not stop smiling and cooing in excitement. It was just a short trip to see if she liked it, but it definitely epitomized summer!

IMG_9587

IMG_9631

Ahh, summer, thank you for coming back! We are so glad to show Cricket the simple joys of the season. Boat rides, sun kissed cheeks and family memories. This is one for the books!

Gbaby&Daddy_pola

xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Another lovely post that brings tears to my eyes. So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe... lake days are the best!! :) & your baby girl is so adorable in the red & white hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is NOTHING like Higgins Lake....beautiful summer weather....a boat....Captain Schalk....and his precious cargo Cricket!!!
    I hope you are able to enjoy many more wonderful visits.....the memories will always be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet pictures! They made me smile so big! And I love the smell of summer too; our oldest was born at the end of June, and I think I'll forever associate the smell of sunscreen with that blissful stretch of new parenthood :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!