Archive

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tiki torches and tambourines...


IMG_7854

IMG_7836
(...if by tambourine I mean little white pup.)

Mr. Schalk is one smooth operator when it comes to our backyard. He not only keeps it looking real purdy, but he also takes great efforts in making it a relaxing retreat for us. Where I would have tiki torched our entire yard in an effort to thwart those pesky mosquitos from attacking my legs, Mr. Schalk kept it classy with four strategically placed torches.

IMG_7855

IMG_7828
Nicely done Mr. S!

IMG_7933
"Look Mama, it almost fits!" Funny girl lovin' the outdoors in her sweet gifted romper.

Voila! We have just gained an extra room for the summer. Why hello summer room. I've missed you. Bring on grilled food and evening chats by the firelight. I'm ready for warm breezes and bare feet!

IMG_7907
Yummy (really really yummy) baby back ribs courtesy of Mr. Schalk!

IMG_7909

IMG_7913

Memories in the making!

xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Your backyard is to die for!!
    I only dream of having my own backyard one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backyard is very beautiful...love all the tiki torches...Mr. Schalk is a grill master just like my hubby...got love a great man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marcella and Linda! Mr. Schalk takes very good care of our yard...I'm so proud of him! We all have great men, don't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your yard and flowers and tiki torches and yummy looking dinner and talented hubby and especially all the wonderful memories you will have with sweet, adorable Greta this summer!!! ENJOY every minute!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!