Archive

Monday, May 30, 2011

Lovin' the love!

IMG_7742

Cricket is growing leaps and bounds these days. It could be her mama's milk or all the snuggles and sweet words from the church ladies (and gents).

IMG_7743

She is very comfortable with other people holding her, which we like. We learned from our first born...ahem, I mean our dog...the importance of socializing. As in, we should have socialized Bonnie better when she was a wee pup. Sorry everyone who visits and gets greeted with a barking white goofball at the door.

IMG_7744

It's hard to share the love, but we like to let our friends get their snuggle on with Miss Cricket. Who wouldn't want to be the recipient of a Cricket smile or baby cuddle? We are trying to enforce happy socializing while making sure she is in hands we trust. That's our first baby duty, right? Meaning by the second or twelfth baby...j/k Mr. Schalk...I probably won't be such a germaphobe...or will I? Oh the mystery of it all!

IMG_7745

What better way to socialize her in a trusting environment than at church? Let me tell you our sweet church family gushed over Miss Cricket something wonderful this weekend. And, in return she delivered that signature grin. It gets me every time!

IMG_7746

I wish I had a picture of all our lovely friends holding her. Or the "grandmas" who stop and coo over her before the service starts. It makes this mama's heart just melt. For the record, Miss Marion, you are welcome to hold her anytime. She adores you!

IMG_7747

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

A special thank you to all of those amazing men and women that serve our country and keep us safe. Your dedication and heart are to be admired and appreciated every day of the year. Thank you from our family to yours!

xoxo, Rachel

8 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Greta is beautiful! Those eyes, the shape of her head and that wonderful smile!
    So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seriously is just a doll, I mean it truthfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol and Marcella, thank you so much! Your kind words for Miss Greta mean the world to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO cute. LOVE the drool!

    Good for you : )
    I absolutely can not stand first time parents that act like lunatics with their babies : ) One lady used to pin a sign to her baby that said 'look but don't touch' and bring her to church like that. That was the most crazy thing. I still have some friends that have babies and act all sorts of ridiculous. I feel bad for their kid because it will only hinder them as they grow. We all need each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It's a happy day ...". You made a GIT(Grandma in training) very happy indeed. I thank you for sharing Greta with us. Soo much fun, getting to hold her yesterday. Can't wait for the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Becky, that is funny to picture a baby with a "look, don't touch" sign. To each his own, but that is definitely not our style.

    Marion, YOU made my day! You and Hans are naturals with baby girls in your arms. Isa, too! I guess it's all that wonderful practice you've had with your own girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh the pictures, they are too much! the drool, i love it! you are doing so well, with passing greta off at church--i'm impressed, with audrey i practically hoarded her all to myself. haha. but with naomi, i'm like "here, take her." naomi just eats it up at church too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel, she is so beautiful. What a little precious jewel! I can well imagine everyone wnats to make a fuss over here. I also have to say I love your new header! Very nice! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!