Archive

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pom Pom Adventures

IMG_7899


IMG_7895


IMG_7884


IMG_7893

Baby Cricket was introduced to the world of tissue pom poms for the first time. She was helping me make them for a friend's birthday. Well, truth be told, she was "supervising." Cricket started to get bored so I tossed her a pom and she was mesmerized for at least 10 minutes. Which, as we all know, in baby time is equivalent to four million hours. It's true...look it up!

IMG_7900


"Yes, mama, you're right."
Thanks baby!

IMG_7905a


This weekend shall be grand. I am thinking plenty of walks in the fresh air and impromptu dance parties to Elvis are in order. What are your plans? Anyone else getting in the mood for a good cookout? Burgers, dogs and maybe even a root beer. Go crazy!


xoxo, Rachel

9 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely the sweetest pictures of Baby Cricket...I hope you frame one! I think your right about baby time...I looked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish we lived closer and you could take cute pics of my baby :-) Cricket is adorable with these pom poms!
    P.S. Thanks for the notes on my blog/facebook. I teared up when I read about cricket's birth too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crickets, Pom Poms and Rootbeer! You got three of my favourite things in one post! Love you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love making pom poms--i made a couple for a baby shower and now they are hanging above naomi's crib. that yellow color is so pretty-i'm sort of obsessed with yellow right now!

    hope your weekend was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! She is just SO precious and sweet. These pictures are adorable. I have that same bouncy seat for my little guy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! I love the look of amazement on her face : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Pom Poms are so cute! I'm planning on making a few for a friend's baby shower in July. What instructions were you going off of?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsey,

    I used Martha's instructions: http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to

    I use 8 sheets of tissue but at about half the size of Martha's (mine were ~12"x14" sheets). I also used twisty-ties to keep them together. :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!