Archive

Monday, June 27, 2011

Baking with Baby!

vIMG_9012
Baking 2011 style = flour, butter, recipe on phone, measuring utensils, baby monitor!

Oh, how I love baking...especially cookies. Perhaps, you may remember some of my cookie blog love from those pre-baby days...such as this one or this one or mmmmm, this one!

I am slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things and picking up my hobbies again (read: baking, eating baked items for "quality control" and documenting said baked items for posterity).

vIMG_9079

Since Cricket came along the kitchen has somehow become simultaneously simplified and chaotic. Simplified in my choice of recipes - I have yet to dive back into chocolate ganache cupcakes and have been sticking to the basics like these peanut butter cookies. And chaotic because...well...I think you know. I'll give you a hint. She's short, cute, not as furry as her big sister, and extremely lovable.

vIMG_9047



vIMG_9021
Watcha cookin' Mama?

Cricket is such a good helper in the kitchen. She has yet to fully grasp the concept of whisking, but she is a pro at taste testing Sophie the giraffe. She was getting bored after a while so I put her in her bumbo seat. Wanting to keep an eye on her I moved the cookie sheet beside her. Here I was with one hand on her seat worried she would fall when I really should have been concerned about this....


vIMG_9062


vIMG_9070


vIMG_9068

My little cookie monster!

She's a girl after her mama's heart. It will be quite a while before we introduce cookies, but I did get a good laugh out of her curiosity. And then preceded to eat all the cookies. You know, just to be "safe".

xoxo, Rachel

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable, she is so cute looking at those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never be "too" safe Rachel!! Love your little cookie monster!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute! I love those teeny tiny hands. Now going to check out some of your recipes..yummy!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I'm glad you are getting back into baking. mmmm mmmm good. I can't always count on you to get my sweet tooth going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos of Greta with the cookies are precious!!! Thanks for sharing them they brightened my day :) ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. meeeelting. now.

    i love cookies. and i love that greta!

    p.s. i do the same with thing with my phone while cooking!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!