Archive

Friday, June 24, 2011

Milestones & Bobcat Rides


aIMG_8782

It seems like every parent enjoys a milestone in their kiddo's life. And with good reason! It's a big deal when they give that first smile, learn to walk or *gasp* sleep through the night for the first time. Over here we are no different. We celebrate each milestone with claps and applause. However, milestones come and go and differ with each babe. My goal is to embrace each one without setting a time table for them or worrying if the Cricket doesn't reach a milestone when "the book" says she should.

In fact, my book has an extra special section of milestones that are fit just right for our family. They include Bobcat rides, walks in the woods and swims in the lake. And wouldn't you know Cricket and her sweet cousin Genevieve both got their first Bobcat rides last weekend.

aIMG_8783

My baby girl went with me, while Mr. Ed snapped away. My daddy (and mama, for that matter) take good pictures. I don't know if they know it, but it's true. We didn't go far since she is still a wee thing but miss Cricket girl enjoyed her little ride. The engine starting didn't even phase her (even though sneezes scare the silly out of her...go fig). This girl is going to be a landscaping pro!

aIMG_8881

Awwww! Cousin got a big girl Bobcat ride from Grandpa Ed. At 11 months she is ready to have some fun! And fun she had!

aIMG_8853

Hi Mama and Daddy! Sweet thing knows how to wave and clap and lovvvved her ride up the lane! She even tried to drive it (seriously!). This kid is such a heart stealer. Some kids just have great personalities from the get go and Cousin is one of those. She has made eye contact and been a joy to be around from day one.

aIMG_8880

I think Grandpa Ed and his sidekick Breezy are a bit smitten!

Our girls had a great time on the Bobcat and with each other. I have more to share about the fun weekend. For now, I just had to share this very special milestone! Here's to many more Bobcat rides for our girls!

xoxo, Rachel

P.S. Once again we have arrived at a Friday and all the world say, "Yayyyyy!" Enjoy your weekend my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Love the great pictures! Looks like so much fun.

    Side note: What filter do you use on your photos? I love the coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsey! I downloaded some free Photoshop actions from an awesome Ruche post a while back (http://shopruche.blogspot.com/2011/05/picture-this-giving-your-photos-that.html). It makes some super fun filter effects. If you don't have Photoshop I've heard Piknik has some great filters, too. I hope you're still enjoying your photography...are you still taking classes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post Rachel and I love the pictures, especially the beautiful one at the top! How adorable you both are! Have a fab weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures, and what a fun milestone! I've been teased for how I celebrate the milestones for each our kids, but there's something so simple and sweet about making those landmarks in their lives special.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!