Cricket is such a happy baby in the mornings. Last week I decided to take advantage of the smiles and sweetness and have a mini photo shoot!
I try not to think too much ahead with the little one lest I forget to enjoy each moment as it arrives. Most days already go by so quickly. However, there are a few things I have looked forward to for a while now. Photo shoots definitely top the list along with tea parties, baking and playing outdoors together with as a family.
I knew just how to set up this first shoot. You see, my mama kept a piece of her grandmother's luggage because of the fond memories she had of her using it time and time again. My great grandmother loved nice things. I have heard stories of how she cared just as much for the presentation of a meal as to how it tasted. Also, she did not care how uncomfortable her shoes were as long as the looked good. I love that! It reminds me that life does not always have to be practical. It can be fun and full of feminine grace, too.
Speaking of fun and girly...

Hello there beautiful!
What better background than Cricket inside her great-great-grandmother's suitcase! The pink blanket she is laying on was handmade just for her by a dear family friend, Janette. Isn't it pretty? It is really soft and fit in perfectly with the suitcase and her onesie.
We had fun snuggling and snapping away, trying to capture each smile and baby look.


What a doll baby!
I have a feeling the fun has just begun.
Someone help me, I can't stop taking pictures of this sweet girl. Scratch that, instead someone send a million hard drives so I don't ever have to stop capturing our girl. Oh, and brownies....a mama needs her energy. Any takers?
Okay, maybe just come over and we'll take pictures and eat brownies together. Now, that's a plan!
xoxo, Rachel





Greta LOVES having her picture taken!!! Keep the smiles and photos coming!! Enjoy every minute with your precious daughter!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are to die for. I always look forward to your sweet Cricket's photos. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm there, brownies and sweet baby photos! Oh if only we lived closer... The suitcase photo shoot is so creative. Well done mama moose! Oh yeah, and well done to daddy schalk with the flowers at 6 weeks :-)
ReplyDeleteThese photos are SOOO sweet and adorable! Love them! :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable, love the suitcase, what a fun prop for your photo session! Where did you get her flower headband from, absolutely precious!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the kind words ladies! Julie, I SO wish we lived closer. We'd have a blast with our little girls!
ReplyDeleteLauren, I got the headband from Banner Boutique (http://www.etsy.com/shop/BannerBoutiqueOnEtsy). She has quite a gorgeous collection of headbands and barrettes.
She is such a cutie! :)
ReplyDelete