Cricket turned 6 weeks old a couple days ago! To celebrate this milestone Mr. Schalk gave baby (and mama) these beautiful mini roses. He put them in a vase and set them by a sleeping Cricket when he got home from work. I was upstairs looking for something I misplaced (story of my life). It was so sweet coming downstairs and seeing pretty baby roses next to our pretty baby girl.
Happy 6 weeks Cricket! xoxo
The past 6 weeks have been quite an adventure. Miss Cricket is learning all kinds of things from making adorable new sounds to staring at toys to smiling more and more. A couple times I thought she laughed...but they were just the starts of a cry. Oops..laughing will come soon enough.
She is a great baby and such a joyful addition to our family. I think she gets a new nickname every week. I just can't help myself. Cricket. Pumpkin. Peanut. Sweet Pea. Pretty girl. The list goes on an on. Of course, as my mama says, "A child who is loved has many names." So true!
Mr. Schalk and I are enjoying our little sweet pea. The evening "let's get her to sleep" sessions are always...ahem...entertaining. Yes, we'll go with that. Entertaining! Although, Bonnie seems to be completely bored with the process. She just wants to play! Poor girl can't understand why her squeaky ball doesn't help put baby to sleep.




she IS all those names! so sweet. and 6 weeks already? time does fly, as cliche as it sounds. and yay for husbands who think of the small things like roses!
ReplyDeleteLove the new look on your page Raquel. That little cricket of yours is a little sweetie pie and so is your husband! What beautiful roses! It's hard to believe that 6 weeks have gone by already! It hardly seems possible! xxoo
ReplyDelete