Archive

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby Smiles & Weekend Visits

We had the pleasure of spending the weekend with Mr. Schalk's parents a couple weeks ago. They came down to visit their baby granddaughter, of course! We had such a pleasant time, and Cricket loved seeing her Grandma and Grandpa Schalk. She is so snuggly and cute and easy to love on. I believe she won over their hearts yet again.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the camera out all weekend. We were busy playing with Cricket and catching up with each other, which is what is most important. Mr. Schalk's mom even made us dinner on Saturday. Chicken with prosciutto, gnocchi, asparagus and chocolate cake. Oh my, it was heavenly!

Since I forgot to capture photos of the weekend here are a couple of Cricket's first photos (and a more recent video...what fun!) for you to enjoy.

aIMG_4020

aIMG_4024




Mr. Schalk and I love this video of our baby girl. I could just eat her up!

xoxo, R

6 comments:

  1. Adorable! It sounds like such a lovely weekend...Great food, great company and a brand new little bundle of joy!!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great time with Grandma & Grandpa Schalk! Next time the video could be a little longer....maybe 5 minutes? I can't get enough of Greta's beautiful face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your little girl! She's beautiful, and her name is too! :) My husband and I also have a newborn - our little boy was born on 2/19 - so our babies are not too far apart in age. :)

    I really enjoy reading your blog and following along with how your little one is growing! They grow so fast, don't they? Our little boy is already beginning to grow out of some of his newborn clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments friends! Mrs. Duck, that is so neat that our babies are born just a couple days apart. Greta is growing out of some of her newborn clothes, too. How does that happen so fast? :) Hope all is going well with you and your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, sweet video. And love the outfit you have her in. ;)

    BTW, I actually didn't write the bottom part of that post. It was by Gitzen Girl. She speaks such truth. Sorry for the confusion!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!