Hello and welcome to a new week. I hope you all had great weekends. We enjoyed a lovely one full of baby smiles, church friends and various other fun activities. Mr. Schalk worked in the garden while I enjoyed a great magazine that I won from Jill over at Forever Cottage.
Flea Market Style is a lovely magazine. It has DIY projects, recipes and amazing vintage and thrifted finds. They have a great blog, too! Mr. Schalk and I really enjoy antiquing and finding vintage items for our home. It is truly amazing the unique and affordable items that are out there if you take a look around. Many of the blogs I follow share their thrifted finds and blow me away. It is so fun to see the housewares and outfits they come upon that are their own unique style. Most of my favorite lovelies in our house have been purchased at our local antique and vintage stores. It feels good to give these finds a second home. Talk about a true act in going green!
I can't wait until Cricket is old enough to go on thrifty ventures with us. I grew up antiquing with my mama and grandmother. They really know their stuff. As a young one I thought I would never buy vintage items when I had a home of my own. However, things changed and I quickly found a love for the old and the one-of-a-kind. It was a natural progression. I have always wanted to be unique and always loved antique jewelry. Then, jewelry led to housewares that led to furniture that led to a little of everything else! I love the sense of adventure in seeking out just the right item and not paying an arm and a leg.
Cricket enthralled with her puppy gifted from Aunt Jalene and Great Grandpa. xoxo
Cricket's sweater is secondhand and oh-so-adorable. It's a wee bit large on her, but that's okay. She is on the border of newborn and 0-3 months, which mean some things are too small and some too large. I even had to put a couple things in the "outgrown" drawer. Sigh...how did that happen so quickly?
Bonnie has been such a good pup with our new arrival. She desperately wants to play with Cricket's toys but has thankfully not gotten into too much save for a couple of pacifiers. As a treat, she got a new toy this weekend...piggie! It didn't take long to wear herself out.

Bonnie is not the only one who wore herself out. Cricket did, too! She had a big weekend of church going, errand running and just being stinkin' cute.
This post is like my brain these days...full of random babble and small snippets of clarity. I have a feeling I'm not the only new mom to feel this way.
Have a great day friends!
xoxo, Rachel
This post is like my brain these days...full of random babble and small snippets of clarity. I have a feeling I'm not the only new mom to feel this way.
Have a great day friends!
xoxo, Rachel







I am so glad you are enjoying it all so much : ) The most fabulous moments. I love the happiness I feel when I come here. SO happy for you!
ReplyDeleteOh, it must be such hard work to be so cute all the time!! Both your cuties are adorable! Love you loads! xxoo
ReplyDeleteMy mom's house growing up was filled with antiques and I thought I would never want them for myself. But it's exactly what you said. It just happens and I love them again.
ReplyDelete