Archive

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our Quiet Center

GretasHat1
Thank you Miss Abigail for the oh-so-pretty handmade hat! Cricket loves it and so does her mama!

With each day that goes by I feel a little more comfortable in my mama shoes. Cricket is coming into her own and so am I. Cricket had a big day out yesterday and and as we settled back home that evening we made our way to the nursery to get ready for bed. I looked down at my girl nursing contently. I realized she was nursing not so much out of hunger but more to unwind and reconnect. And, that felt good. It felt good to know that I could be her calm and her security. It felt good that God entrusted us to be her everything she needs right now. She has a mama and daddy who love her dearly and would move mountains for her. As Mr. Schalk rocked her gently to sleep I knew without a shadow of a doubt that this was exactly what God intended for us. Our little family connecting and loving and living in the moment.


GretasHat2
Finding her thumb, enjoying a snooze

“Come and Find the Quiet Center”


Come and find the quiet center in the crowded life we lead,
find the room for hope to enter, find the frame where we are freed;
clear the chaos and the clutter, clear our eyes, that we can see
all the things that really matter, be at peace and simply be.

Silence is a friend who claims us, cools the heat and slows the pace,
God it is who speaks and names us, knows our being face to face,
making space within our thinking, lifting shades to show the sun,
raising courage when we’re shrinking, finding scope for faith begun.

In the Spirit let us travel, open to each other’s pain,
let our loves and fears unravel, celebrate the space we gain;
there’s a place for deepest dreaming, there’s a time for heart to care,
in the Spirit’s lively scheming there is always room to spare!

Words Shirley Erena Murray, Music: Attr. to B.F. White, 1844



xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. I must say...as the lactation person :-), that I'm happy to hear cricket is successfully nursing and that you're seeing what a wonderful time it is to bond. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchanting Rachel! She is perfect : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet :) She is beautiful and you are absolultely adorable- I love your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet so sweet, and yes, enchanting. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay! This makes me so happy to see her in the hat!! Sweet baby girl - I wish I could fly up for the day and meet her!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!