
You may remember Abigail as the creator of the amazingly cute hat from this post.

Or, you may know her better as the author of the sweet blog, Simply Thoughts. Or, perhaps you know her as the blonde haired cutie pie from preschool (or, is that just me?). If you know Abigail at all you know she is an extremely creative soul with a heart after God's purpose and a healthy side of humor and wit.
I opened the package from Abigail with delight. Inside was this...
...the sweetest little handmade creation you ever did see. The note tucked inside said that she had gotten to creating one night and looked down at this print and thought of Miss Cricket. So, wouldn't you know she sent it our way. I was completely speechless. It is beautiful and so exciting to imagine our dark haired beauty swinging away just like the little one in the picture.
There is something extra special about a gift handmade and thought-full such as this one. It really meant a lot to me and the mister. He instantly held it up and was thinking out where it would best be placed in Cricket's room. Cricket was excited, too. She told me she loved it! (You know, a mama can tell these things even early on. She gave me the "I love it look." ;)
I can't wait for Cricket to meet her Auntie Abigail. Someday, we'll go down to Florida and visit with her in the sunshine. Thank you my dear friend for your sweet spirit and for your thoughtful and generous gift. It is going to fit perfectly in Cricket's room.
We love you!!!!
-The Schalks
P.S. Abigail....everyone LOVES your hat! I know you have lots of friends with babies that keep those hands busy making lovelies, but please consider selling your creations someday. Even my doctor said you should sell them because they were so pretty. The hat was more of a hit at the doctor's office than Cricket...I'm serious! :) Just a thought to consider...I'll be your biggest fan!
P.P.S. Pics of Abigail completely pilfered from facebook.




Thanks amazing! How did she do that? She should definitely sell her creations.
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwww. The baby is so adorable. What a great friend to send you such a wonderful gift. I love it!
ReplyDeleteAw, that's super sweet! What a cute print!
ReplyDeleteI am so so glad you liked it!
ReplyDeleteso sweet to share about your friend- and yes, she is super talented!
ReplyDeleteAbigail's stuff definitely has ETSY written all over it!
ReplyDelete