Did someone say Royal Wedding?
With a mere two days until the Royal Wedding one must get their breakfast goodies in order for the big telecast. As a lover of all things breakfast I am thrilled that the Royal Festivities are overlapping my favorite meal. It just feels right.
I have made these scones many times with rave reviews. Seriously, everyone LOVES these moist and flavorful goodies. Click here for the recipe. Tyler Florence at his best!
We have other goodies lined up including my mama's famous crustless quiche, pillow cookies and of course a spot or two of tea! It is going to be divine! To tantalize your taste buds here is a super yummy mini-quiche recipe via my sister, The Liz. She made them for Easter a couple years back and we devoured them. Cute and tasty!
Bacon Quiche Tarts
Ingredients:
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuit dough
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until crisp and evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, milk, and eggs in a medium bowl, and beat until smooth with an electric mixer set on low. Stir in Swiss cheese and green onion, and set aside.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press into the bottom and sides of each muffin cup, forming 1/4 inch rims. Sprinkle half of the bacon into the bottoms of the dough-lined muffin cups. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each cup.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until filling is set and rims of the tarts are golden brown. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon, and lightly press into the filling. Remove from pan, and serve warm.
Note: For a spicier variation, use spicy sausage and pepper jack cheese in place of the bacon and swiss, and add a few chopped jalapenos to the filling.
What are your plans for the Royal Wedding? Awesome blogger friends Abra, Marie and Lindsey will be joining in the pomp and frill. In fact, Lindsey is having a bunch of people together to watch the event in its entirety. Doesn't that sound like a jolly good time? The more the merrier!Anyone else have plans for Royal Wedding? Any yummy recipes to share? Baby Bakerella and I are always looking for good yummies to try on those days that we aren't dressed to the nines watching Royalty. Is it Friday yet?
xoxo, Rachel




Looks yummy! I'm liking the royal theme :-)
ReplyDeleteOoohhh! Yummy treats!
ReplyDeleteI don't really have plans. I'll be DVRing everything though and hope to enjoy the watching with some tea a friend sent me from England. Thought about having a party... but I've got enough stuff to deal with.
Those look divine! I will have to try. AND I LOVE little one's Bakerella onesie. Too cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out. :)
I made scones this morning for the Royal Wedding too! That is such a coincidence! But blueberries were ridiculously expensive for some reason, so I went with blackberries instead.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try your recipe next time I see blueberries on sale!