Miss Cricket is almost two weeks old. It is strange how these last couple weeks seem to have lasted both 2 years and 2 seconds. As you can imagine, the Mr. Schalk and I consider ourselves extremely blessed. She is such a good baby - sweet as pie. She still has her days and nights mixed up, but at less than 2 weeks old can you blame her? It has to be quite an adjustment for her. We will get it figured out in due time. Until then, I smell that sweet head at all hours of the night thanking the good Lord that Cricket is finally here.
"Sleep when baby sleeps" is sound advice. I am trying to be better at heeding those words. It is amazing what an hour nap can do for a new mama. When I'm not napping I'm usually caught staring at our little peanut. Would you look at that bum? So cute!
Oh honestly! Is it just me, or is she about the sweetest thing you ever laid eyes on? I love that mamas (and dads) instinctively love their babies the best. God is incredible in all the detail he puts into families. But, seriously folks...is she a doll face or what? I think we'll keep her. :)
I plan on elaborating soon but I do have to say that the outpouring of love from our family and friends has been incredible. Meals, calls, visits and kind words...I cannot thank them enough. It is beyond anything we expected, but what blessings. And, all of your comments just make my heart burst with happiness. You have journeyed with me and my little family and are still along for our greatest adventure to date. Thank you for visiting and thank you for your kindness and enthusiasm!
xoxo, Rachel
xoxo, Rachel



Your baby Greta is the most perfect little thing. What a doll! I am so glad you get to be her Mama! Sending you lots of wishes for sweet naps and sweet kisses! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteshe is a doll. truly. and it is so amazing how we can just STARE at newborns even though they pretty much just lay there. :) but they are just so fascinating and a clear example of God's work.
ReplyDeleteI love the last picture. She is beautiful!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo bright eyed and beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, she is BEAUTIFUL! You'll treasure these pictures. Thanks for sharing her with us! X
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful Rachel. Just adorable, but then again, how could she not be. My son in law has shared some pictures of me of my new grand daughter as well, and she is beautiful too. What a wonderful life your little Greta and our little Maryn have to look foward to! Love you loads! xxoo
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely eyes!! She is perfect!
ReplyDeleteGemma x
I have nothing to say, except this: :)
ReplyDeleteKeep gushing Mama Moose! I love little baby bums, so cute :-)
ReplyDelete