Archive

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Lemonade Day

aIMG_4415

Wednesday was a big day for Cricket and me. Our first outing just the two of us. Okay, so it consisted of a lemonade at the Chik-Fil-A drive through after baby girl's doctor appointment. It was a big deal to us. And to make it even more cheery the sun was super shiny and it was a balmy 46 degrees. Two gorgeous signs that Spring is on its way (even if yucky weather is forecasted this weekend...sigh). We had a ball. Well, Cricket sort of slept through the whole adventure, but I had enough fun for both of us.

What have you been up to? Even small things can be exciting, don't you agree? Hope you all have a great weekend!

xoxo, Rachel

6 comments:

  1. i remember those small moments- like getting out with just the baby and thinking 'wow, here i am doing it. being a mom.' it's an awesome feeling.

    i have been busy potty training and single-parenting all week. the husband has been working nonstop. :( so i'm really looking forward to this weekend. i hope to get away and do a little thrift store shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta is so beautiful! I'm sure everyone who sees her has the same thought!!! I remember Christmas shopping when Matthew was only 2 months old - I couldn't stop smiling!
    Enjoy every minute with your precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lemonade is so delicious : )
    I am glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First days out. You can't beat them! What a little cutie pie. Enjoy these special moments Rachel. They grow up far too quickly! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abra, after solo potty training you are well deserving of a little thrift store therapy. :) Sounds like fun! Hope you find some neat goodies for your etsy shop.
    Thank you so much Diane! I bet it seems like just yesterday Matthew was 2 months old. :)
    Thanks LWK and Marie! Their lemonade is the best and we really had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like the perfect day. :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!