Archive

Saturday, March 5, 2011

What happened to my gag reflex?


IMG_4586

It's 4 am and I hear a slight whimper from my baby girl. Thrilled that she gave mama a couple hours rest I scoop her up and we make our way to the nursery for a late night feeding.

The night before last was rough to say the least. Up twenty minutes after she went down...all. night. long. Poor girl. We think Cricket had a wee stomach ache or perhaps was just feeling out of sorts. We all have those nights, right? We massaged her tummy and gave her lots of loving, but you know it's pretty stinky when your tummy hurts. It made for an exhausted baby and mama.

IMG_4596

So tonight (or this morning...what is 4am these days?) I was thanking the Lord for a little sleep and a more content baby. And for dirty diapers. My girl was on the upswing. As I was smiling, thankful it was out and not in, if you know what I mean, it happened. I shall not elaborate except to say that I never knew poo had such range or strength. Gross, but funny if you think about it. Or, perhaps you shouldn't think about it.

What is this blog coming to?

IMG_4597

So, in the wee hours of the morning all I could do was ask myself, "What happened to my gag reflex?" I guess it went out the window when I earned my mom badge. Also running through my head...

...how am I going to get that out of the carpet?


xoxo, Rachel

6 comments:

  1. Heehee! Awww....so sweet! You'll both fall into a better regular pattern soon : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww. I love this : )
    Well, not the poop of course, (because who likes that?) but just the overwhelming love you have for your baby. It makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    The wonders of motherhood. It's pretty amazing. As you know, my Chickie is 18, and she's been having some adjustment issues in her first year of college.
    I am making the 6 hour round trip a couple of times a week. And, I.Don't.Mind. Not a wee little bit. Why? Because she's my Chickie.

    You understand. Like being up with Cricket all night. It's a lot of work. But that's ok. Because she's your Cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we all have been there. those wee hours can be rough, but the smiley mornings make it worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is beuatiful! i am so excited to see you as you grow in this, knowing you are just half a step behind me. soak up every moment, and write it down. i wish i wuold have written more.

    prayers and thoughts and hugs...

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!