Archive

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cutie Pie - 3 weeks

Greta&Sophie
Cricket and Sophie

My cutie pie is three weeks old. The first three weeks have not flown by, but I can understand where time will speed up as we go along. She is such a good baby. Even though I'm exhausted there are times when I look down at that sweet face and just melt a million times over. Our baby girl. Sweet gift from God.

Mr. Schalk and I already see growth in our little Cricket. She is certainly gaining baby weight and slowly but surely getting used to this crazy world. Cricket is making more eye contact and the goofiest facial expressions. We just adore her!

This week's like list:
  • Morning tea and cookies
  • The way Cricket smiles in her sleep
  • Fresh fruit
  • Mr. Schalk's personality - he is such a supportive husband and great daddy
  • How I Met Your Mother reruns
  • Dinners from friends
  • Reading your blogs at all hours of the night
  • Smelling Cricket's head
That is my life these days. Simple, tough, sweet and blessed.

xoxo, Rachel

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the simple things that keep us sane!!

    She is such a darling : )

    Have a great day

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRECIOUS!!

    I feel like I've see that giraffe toy everywhere! Is there something about it that makes it so in demand?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you are loving your sweet bundle of joy!
    The birth announcement is beautiful!
    P.S. How is Bonnie doing with the new addition?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best advice ever, Rest at least once when they are sleeping. Sleep deprivation is part of parenting, but oh how the time seems to have just slipped right by me. My baby the 4th child is 12....a hormone raging, drama making, boy crazy girl. And I love her more today than all the yesterdays...Girls Rock! Your post just oohzzzz with a whole new capacity for love. The only thing that I could compare a mothers love for her child too. Is Gods for his children.
    Because there is nothing that could separate me from the love I have for all 4 of my children. And nothing can separate us from the Love of God.
    Many Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so precious Rachel. Enjoy these moments for the gifts that they are. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so darling : )
    I am glad you are happy.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!