Yay, Cricket is here! There aren't even words to describe our joy right now. In the hospital I woke up the first morning after she was born singing the "Getting To Know You" song from the King and I in my head. Super cheesy, but quite appropriate. Our little family of four is certainly getting to know one another, which makes these days so sweet.
Mr. Schalk is enamored with his daughter. Can you blame him? He was beyond amazing during the delivery. A solid rock, affirming and calm for the entire journey. In time I will share Cricket's birth story...or at least part of it. It was such an emotional day and one I am still processing. It was an experience that was beautiful, painful, life changing and perfectly in tune with God's will for us. I can't even think of it without crying...way to go hormones!
Nana and Cricket share an inside joke
We have been blessed abundantly. Do words even matter when you have such a sweet girl to love on? You'll understand if my posts consist of baby photos and gobbley-gook for a while, won't you?

Goodbye sleep, hello beautiful.
xoxo, Rachel
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
she is a beauty! i'm so happy for you, it makes me miss the newborn stage so much!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. So glad she's here safe and sound. :-)
ReplyDelete(I deleted the previous comment because it had a typo. I don't like typos from me! LOL. :-)
I look for new posts from you all the time now! I can't get enough Greta photos :-) Who needs sleep when you've got this cutie pie to fall in love with. It's all so dreamy...
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
informallyyours.blogspot.com
Congratulations! You have a beauty on your hands! I was waiting for the birth and pictures. This brings back memories of when my little one was born almost a year ago.
ReplyDeleteSleep won't matter much anyway :)
She is just beyond beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteLovely!!!!
ReplyDeleteAww Rachel. Congratulations! She is beautiful! Well done you! Now starts the beginning and best part of the rest of your life! I am still waiting on my daughter here. No news yet. Her due date is today. xxoo
ReplyDeleteShe is perfect. Just perfect.
ReplyDeleteWelcome sweet baby Greta. Welcome to the world.
totally worth less sleep, huh?!
ReplyDeletethinking of you and hoping all is well...
She is just so deliciously sweet and perfect! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading your birth story.
ReplyDeleteYou truly understand a GIT (Grandma in training)'s heart for lots and lots of baby pictures. I Love newborns! Can't wait to meet Greta in person.
ReplyDeleteShe is gorgeous! Enjoy the babymoon and don't be embarrassed to post a kajillion pictures of her -- who wouldn't want to see that cute face?! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is absolutely precious! Can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows!
ReplyDeleteMama Moose & Mr. Schalk
ReplyDeleteYou have been richly blessed with God's greatest creation ~ Greta Marie! She is absolutely beautiful!
P.S. How is Bonnie adjusting to the new arrival?
So beautiful!!! Remember... sleep when she sleeps, eventhough, you think you need to be doing something else. I wasn't good at it but sure wish I had been! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh please keep bringing on the photos of your sweet and beautiful little gal. I love seeing them. Look at her beautiful skin and all of that hair!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lee Ann