Archive

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BOTW: Kind Hearts Abound

Oh, I am loving BOTW (Baby On The Way) week. So much to share! It is a great distraction, as well. I would much rather think about Cricket's pending arrival via BOTW week than the icy/wintery not-so-wonderland that is right outside my door. Pretty soon it will be spring and I'll have a little bambino in my arms. Sigh... I am so ready to meet her! And quite ready for the "waddle" to be a thing of the past.

IMG_3772

Today's topic is two fold. First, of all I just have to show off the gorgeous breastfeeding cover that my uber talented friend, Julie, made and sent my way. Isn't it fabulous!?

IMG_3763

I was looking for a cover that would be easy to use and a neat pattern. Wouldn't you know she specializes in making these lovelies. She sent me a note last week asking if I'd like one as a gift. Oh my, what sweetness! Thanks Miss Julie!

IMG_3769

It is ever fitting because Julie's profession is a lactation consultant (lucky lady!) and she is expecting her first baby, a sweet girl, in May. I hope our girls are pen pals just like Everly and Gemma. I've known Julie since our college days. Now that we live many states away we stay in touch via our blogs and facebook. You should definitely check out her sweet blog, The Engineer & The Lactation Chic. It's full of BOTW love, humor and yummy recipes. Thank you so much for the cover Julie! It's going to get plenty of use for this mama and baby.


Secondly, I fell in love with a new blog recently. You probably all know Ann Voskamp's blog A Holy Experience. I'm a new-ish reader. Ann's posts are inspiring beyond words. Full of God's sweet truth, beautiful photos and amazing writing. She's written a book, which I can't wait to get my hands on. (Is it possible to read and change diapers at the same time? Perhaps I'll save that for the advanced portion of mommyhood. Oh what is that? It's ALL advanced? Or is it second nature? Oh, it's BOTH? Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.) hehe, where was I?


Ah yes! As I was lying in bed last Saturday (yes, I'm soaking in all of those I can get) I came upon an older post of hers called Mother's Day Hope. It's beautiful and inspiring for mamas, mamas-to-be and women of ALL kinds. Please, do yourself a favor and read her thoughts. I hope you are as blessed by her words as I was.

Coming up soon a special post about a crafty project I actually finished (a.k.a. Miss Cricket's bird mobile) and a photo shoot of the nursery. Sneak peak anyone?

IMG_3720

IMG_3719

IMG_3722

Pending no power outages or early arrivals there is much more to come on BOTW!

xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. So glad you liked your hooter hider! Thank you for all the kind words. I'm excited for Cricket and Little Engineer to become pen pals :-) I found a bib at Target that says "I'm the star of mommy's blog", it was too cute to pass up. I'm definitely loving BOTW week and can't wait to see nursery pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    Love the color on your nursery walls. Peaceful, restful and lovely.
    Enjoy BOTW week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every morning I scream a little with excitement because I know she is coming so soon. OH MY GOODNESS! This is the best : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read that book either, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel I cannot wait to see photos of your sweet little bambino soon to be here! You will be the most wonderful mommy!

    Now I'm off to check out some of those links you posted.

    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!