Archive

Friday, February 4, 2011

BOTW: 37...almost 38 weeks

Oh, I'm a dork and completely forgot my bird mobile post. You'd think I had baby on the brain. It's coming soon, promise!

37_IMG_3743
37 weeks....38 tomorrow...woo hoo!

These days are brimming with sweet anticipation of our baby girl's arrival. Our home is enjoying its last moments of peace and tranquility before the blessed baby party begins. It's been a special time spent with my Mr. Schalk preparing, relaxing, and exchanging "are we ready for what lies ahead" looks back and forth.

Our favorite songs are heard in the background as we widdle down our list and prepare for the sweetest little gift ever to arrive. Van Morrison, Jack Johnson, James Taylor and Chopin (yes, we have varied musical preferences) all play out their unique tunes while Bonnie sleeps soundly by my side. A kick and a roll reminds me of the beauty that is growing inside me. Our baby. Our girl. The final touches being knit together in the private peace of my womb by God himself.

I am not skilled in musical terms or knowledge, but I know what appeals to my ears and heart. It seems as if every day God provides just the right play list to calm my anxious heart. Sometimes it's Fernando Ortega's piano hymns, sometimes James Taylor and other times it's just laughing at American Idol auditions (are some of these folks serious?).

We are getting close, my friends! I hope you all have avoided the snow storms and have wonderful weekends in store.

Celebrate we will
Because life is short but sweet for certain.

- Dave Matthews Band, Two Step


xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Is it really almost 38 weeks?! I know it BOTW week, but I don't think I realized how close! Wowziers!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so, so close! the anticipation and the not-knowing when is so fun! any day now for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close now Rachel! On facebook, I found my daughters due date is the 23rd. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post! I LOVE this picture! What technique did you use to get this soft look? So excited for little Cricket to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, Cricket is so close to her arrival! I keep talking to her telling her we're ready....I think she seems pretty comfy, though. :)

    Lauren,
    I use Pioneer Woman's free Action Sets in Photoshop to get that technique. I also hear Picnik has some pretty cool free photo effects if you don't have Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!