
36 weeks
photo by the uber-talented Mr. Schalk
photo by the uber-talented Mr. Schalk
I have been pregnant for a long time, my friends. Yet, I can hardly believe Mr. Schalk and I will be parents in a matter of weeks. It feels like it's been Christmas Eve for months and months. That excitement for the best day of the year feeling.
I am a basket full of emotions these days. Thank the good Lord for Mr. Schalk. He is such a HUGE help in all arenas and never makes me feel silly for not being able to bend over or get up without a commotion. It's hard work growing a baby! I can't imagine going through this journey with anyone else except my Mr. Schalk.
36 weeks...one more and I'm "full term." Wow! My days consist of trying to keep focused at work to pass the time, relishing in each moment that is just the Mister and me, and getting more and more excited for Cricket to arrive. Lately she has been stretching her little leg all the way to my right side. It's so darn cute! It makes me wonder what samurai moves she'll show us when she gets here.
We are getting very excited to meet our girl! In fact, it's pretty much all I can think about. Can you blame me? Thinking about our sweet girl makes the normal aches and pains of the last few weeks of pregnancy a lot more tolerable. Also helpful are hot chocolate and miss Bonnie's snuggles. She is sticking by my side a lot more lately. Does the little pup know what's in store?
There is a lot of sweetness these days...and SO much more to come! Have a great week, my friends!
P.S. Thank you for YOUR blogs! I may not be commenting with my usual stamina, but I love reading your posts. Nothing makes for a better distraction in the waiting game than reading about your lives, thoughts and photos. So thanks a bunch!
xoxo, Rachel
I am a basket full of emotions these days. Thank the good Lord for Mr. Schalk. He is such a HUGE help in all arenas and never makes me feel silly for not being able to bend over or get up without a commotion. It's hard work growing a baby! I can't imagine going through this journey with anyone else except my Mr. Schalk.
36 weeks...one more and I'm "full term." Wow! My days consist of trying to keep focused at work to pass the time, relishing in each moment that is just the Mister and me, and getting more and more excited for Cricket to arrive. Lately she has been stretching her little leg all the way to my right side. It's so darn cute! It makes me wonder what samurai moves she'll show us when she gets here.
We are getting very excited to meet our girl! In fact, it's pretty much all I can think about. Can you blame me? Thinking about our sweet girl makes the normal aches and pains of the last few weeks of pregnancy a lot more tolerable. Also helpful are hot chocolate and miss Bonnie's snuggles. She is sticking by my side a lot more lately. Does the little pup know what's in store?
There is a lot of sweetness these days...and SO much more to come! Have a great week, my friends!
P.S. Thank you for YOUR blogs! I may not be commenting with my usual stamina, but I love reading your posts. Nothing makes for a better distraction in the waiting game than reading about your lives, thoughts and photos. So thanks a bunch!
xoxo, Rachel
I am so excited for you : ) That picture is the coolest.
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you and Mr. Schalk! It's fun to get to know your baby in utero, but to actually hold and love her...I can't even imagine how amazing that will be. I will be watching your blog extra close in the weeks to come :-)
ReplyDeleteI love this photo, Your belly is soooo adorable!
ReplyDeleteRest up... this journey last a life time and is full of joy and blessings, Deborah
Aww mac & cheese....the constant comfort food! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are almost there! Are you able to sleep still? Is the Nursery ready? Do you have everything you need?
ReplyDeleteI hope that between now and when you give birth is a very tender, sweet and quiet time for you.
Cute pic.
oh, wow!! 36 weeks already!!
ReplyDeleteFeel like it's been forever since we've seen you!
Can't wait to meet your new precious family member!
Love this pictures...so close now!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I can't wait either for you. :) Almost there!
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting! Beautiful picture, beautiful, wonderful thoughts!
Hope you are keeping copies of your blog to share with Cricket someday!
Oh, I just thought of this. I had 2 year long calendars given to me for "Baby's First Year". Someone suggested keeping the calendar hanging up where I would update it, and I did, with a picture every month of the first 2 years, and lists of activities, milestones, vocabulary, etc. It was nice, because I could just write a few words whenever I had a few seconds. These calendars have become priceless treasures to us. Chickie loves to look at them too!
ReplyDeleteNursery ready.....YES!
ReplyDeleteBaby clothes ready......YES!
Resting and eating well.....YES!
Bag for hospital ready.....YES!
Ready to meet Cricket.....YES! YES! YES!!!
SOO exciting!! Such a sweet photo. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your sweet baby soon! :)
ReplyDelete