
If you have followed my blog for any length of time you've probably gathered that I have a special affinity for tea parties and lovely girlie parties that usually include baked goods and lots of love & laughter. So, it was no surprise that this past weekend was a memorable one filled with all of my favorites.








My "day job" and "real life" do not usually mix, especially on my little ol' blog. It's a personal preference, and one I have come to appreciate. My blog is my getaway of sorts where I can talk about what is on my mind, my dreams and what I find the most lovely. My day job is a blessing, but it does little to define my personality. It is a great place to work and I love the environment, so no complaints. I just prefer tea parties, nature and Mr. Schalk.
With that said, the two did overlap when my amazing boss threw me the sweetest tea party cupcake baby shower you ever did see! It was lovely beyond words with even the smallest details noted. From flowered sugar cubes to custom cupcakes to a guest list of all the kindest and dearest friends and family.
With that said, the two did overlap when my amazing boss threw me the sweetest tea party cupcake baby shower you ever did see! It was lovely beyond words with even the smallest details noted. From flowered sugar cubes to custom cupcakes to a guest list of all the kindest and dearest friends and family.



It was a wonderful afternoon of laughter, catching up, baby games and all the other joys that come with a sweet shower. Great advice, sweet conversation and super yummy food!


I have not had one large shower, but as you may have noticed, a few small intimate ones. It is quite fitting with my personality. I am a one-on-one kind of girl at heart. (Read: I get overwhelmed easily in crowds...also known as an outgoing introvert...yes, we happily exist.) They have all been so special in their own ways. I seriously have the kindest, most generous, sincere friends and family in the world!


My boss is amazing! She went above and beyond to make each of my friends and family feel welcome and loved. Some drove quite a long way for the special day, which really touched my heart. Others may not have driven far, but certainly were beyond kind to take time out of their busy weekends to come to the party. I will not soon forget this special afternoon tea party for Cricket and all the love that was shown.
xoxo, Rachel
xoxo, Rachel



Oh how special, the tea party was amazing! SO soon, so soon, you will be meeting dear little miss!
ReplyDeleteYou must surely be treasured and appreciated at work Rachel! How lovely that they did this for you and cricket! xxoo
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect :)
ReplyDeleteHow very special Rachel!
ReplyDeleteThe pink cupcakes were mouth watering just looking at them - and a special one for Mr. Schalk!!!
I see that Theresa & Rosemary also attended.
You are blessed and loved!
What a lovely and thoughtful party. Beautiful details.
ReplyDeleteI do love the dog making him/herself a part of the activity. The expression is priceless.
What a lovely party and wonderful boss! The cupcakes are so pretty and the individual soup bowls with lids are adorable. I love them!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind comments on my blog.
Hoping you are having a great day!
We sound so similar it's crazy! :) I'm totally in outgoing introvert. And that shower just sounds perfect. So fun!
ReplyDelete