Archive
Monday, January 17, 2011
Dreaming
A dream that I wondered if it would ever come true is about to happen. We are getting down to the last weeks before our sweet baby girl arrives! Things are a sweet combination of bustling and quiet as we prepare to welcome little Cricket into the family.
I've always wanted to buy a matching "mommy and me" apron set. My mama had them for us when we were kiddos and they were quite lovely. It will be a few years before it's my turn to buy them, but I am already daydreaming of baking with my little Bakerella in the kitchen together. Flour faces and cookie dough hands can make for some of the best memories!
Until then, I have some fun posts of tea parties and friends coming up. That is, if I don't fall asleep at the keyboard first. :)
Hope your week is starting off in splendid fashion!
xoxo, Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!


Those are adorable onesies! Did you make them yourself?
ReplyDeleteOH man...I am getting so excited for you...the most amazing moment of your life is right around the corner. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. And, quite honestly, I have never seen more adorable onesies!
ReplyDeleteOh Rachel, you have so much wonder ahead of you. I am so happy for your. Enjoy it all! ((((hugs))))
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! The onesies were a project we did at a baby shower my sweet friends Kaleena, Ashley & Rachel threw baby & me this past fall. Aren't they adorable? It was so much fun and now miss Bakerella has adorable onesies to sport around in! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for the start of the countdown :-) You're going to be such a cute momma!
ReplyDeleteLove those onesies!
ReplyDeleteI've just started washing all our little pink and purple clothes! So exciting!
How exciting! I am sending up prayers for a safe and easy delivery!!! The onesies are too cute and will be even cute..er with your little sweet blessing in one of them. Many Blessings, Deborah
ReplyDeleteI'm very happy for you that you are expecting a baby. I assume it is your first? Babies are always joyful, wonderful experiences, but the first baby is extra special. I hope that your delivery is easy and that your first days with your little one are tender and sweet.
ReplyDeletePlease don't do like me, when you get home from the hospital and your baby is napping, take that time to get all your housework done. It is so tempting, tempting, tempting. But it is better to nap and rest. Get as much rest as possible. Also, don't be like me and feel funny about letting people help you. Family and friends love to help with newborns or help with your chores and food. There is plenty of time in life to get all your work done by yourself, but this is such a sweet time to just rest and bond with your baby.
Ok, so that's it for advice from an absolute stranger. I am so happy for you. Having a baby is so sweet and wonderful. The first few moments right after they are born actually feel holy.
Take care, be well, enjoy!
Elizabeth
Ohhhhh how sweet!!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, I'm Rachel's mother and your last sentence brought tears to my eyes, as you are describing those moments perfectly.
ReplyDeleteHow kind of you to take the time to send such wonderful words of wisdom. You don't sound like an absolute stranger to me, you sound as if you're a great mother from the community of women who lovingly cheer new mothers on and know exactly what to say.
Please consider my note a hug right back to you, with sincere thanks for your kindness to my daughter.