I read this tag and immediately thought of our Savior. There is truly one moment in each of our lives that is defining. One that changes the course of each day after. For me, it is the day I asked that someone, Jesus, to be my saving grace. The moment I told him that I believe in his birth, his sacrifice, his death and his coming alive again to be with God. I cannot remember the exact moment, but I do know that my life changed when I accepted his freedom and sacrifice and sought a relationship with Jesus. With each day I try to draw closer to him and deepen my relationship. Some days are two steps back, but each moment I am confident that Jesus is right beside me.
I read a captivating quote via a sweet blog I follow, Old Fashioned Love. She read it from the book, Reckless: Let Go and Be Led by Beth Guckenberger.
“He [God] is much more interested in the development of my dependence on Him and my relationship with Him than He is in impressing me with His plans.
I already know he has big plans for me.
He has an incredible track record.”
How many times, especially in the last few months have I told myself that God has big plans for me and my family? A lot! It is sometimes my driving force that amidst a season of very little control my life is indeed on the right track, God's track. I do believe 110% that God does have some mighty plans for his children - me and my family included. It's the listening and waiting, in my case, that is the hard part.
However, I read this quote and realized that God is concerned with so much more than future plans. Yes, they are in the works and yes, his faithful will see the day when all those plans are laid out. Whether it be this world or the awesome heaven with Christ that waits for his kids (us!).
photo by mr. schalk
God's plans will be made known. But...perhaps that is not God's greatest concern. Perhaps, more than anything else he desires, even longs for, a deeper truer relationship. One that is personal and intimate. Not necessarily shared with everyone vocally, but evident in the way I live my life, the way I treat others and the way my focus is on Christ above ALL else.
God's track record is flawless. Absolute truth right there. Instead of concerning myself with the plans that He has in store for me perhaps the real focus is to draw closer to God, closer to my Savior. Then, I will so caught up in the love, joy and peace of Christ that His plans will truly have room to unfold.
photo by mr. schalk
I long to not worry about the future. I long for a combination of peace and energy. Peace in my daily walk, and energy to proclaim the joy of Jesus' salvation through my actions and demeanor when talking with others. I am certainly a work in progress. Aren't we all? It is a comfort to know that God wants to know me and wants to see me grow right here, right now. He wants the same for you, my friend.
May you be encouraged today and everyday by a Jesus that loves you personally and no. matter. what.



I long not to worry about the future too!
ReplyDeleteI am gonna have to have that quote.
Today I will remind myself to rest in the peace of knowing God has Big Plans for me....And try to squelch the feeling of impatience to know this plan step by step....Many Blessings, Deborah
Thank you, thank you for this post. It means more than you know.
ReplyDeleteIt's comforting to think that God isn't as concerned about my future as He is about my dependence on Him. I'm very concerned with my future plans and sometimes, it's all I can think about. And I don't understand why He won't give me what I want. This puts things into perspective for me. I so badly needed this. Thanks again, Rachel.
Have a blessed day! :)
Amen sister! Very well said.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post Rachel! It is so wonderful to know that each day God has a wonderful plan for us and that we can enjoy the miracles that he makes happen in our lives if we but keep our eyes and heart open to noticing them daily.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful..beautiful ..quote.
♥Lee Ann
I love Mr's pictures. Very beautiful. It is hard not to worry about tomorrow. I fail miserably at that all the time : (
ReplyDeleteso beautiful and what a needed reminder. great post. and i love reading jade's post over at old fashion love! i look up to her love for our Savior!
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful blog you have !! I'm reading you all the way from France and I'll definitely come back for more. I'm your newest follower :) Bisous !
ReplyDelete