Well, I am not one to leave people in anticipation so to start things off, thank you for entering the ACFM December giveaway! Your comments, stories and humorous tid bits were so enjoyable to read! I wish I could offer each of you Christmas goodies!
Alas, I only have one package of lovelies to send off. And the lucky winner is....
Lauren at Crave.Indulge.Satisfy (aka 1st commenter "I Run For Cake")Congrats Lauren! I will be sending you an email shortly to gather your info. Meanwhile, check out her amazing site. You and your taste buds will be glad you did! Those pink and gray sugar cookie buttons are incredibly lovely!
I would love to share with you some stories and photos of my own, but unfortunately, laundry and errands have snuck their way to the head of the list. Those errands are sneaky, let me tell you! So instead, I am sharing with you a letter. A deep from the depths of my heart letter, with last week's preggo picture, to my new sidekick...
...the third trimester.
Dear Third Trimester,
We finally meet! I am entering your presence with mixed emotions. On the one hand, people are finally starting to talk to me about the bambino that is cooking in this belly of mine. As in, complete strangers who give me big smiles and talk about babies, when I'm due, when they are due or when they had babies of their own. It is absolutely splendid! Well, truth be told, the kind comments are splendid. As happens with all mamas-to-be the comments such as "wow, you are REALLY big" are not awesome. It comes with the expanding territory, I suppose. For the nice comments, dear third trimester, I thank you. Even though it has required me to lose my waist and my belly button in the process.
As far as the aches, pains and general fatigue what can I say? They are all definitely sinking in more each day. However, I am comforted that a) it is only temporary and b) a gajillion women have gone through these exact feelings before me with grace and vibrancy and c) I still have enough energy for eyeliner…at least, today. Take that backache, crankiness and *yawn* fatigue, I'm growing a baby!
Finally, oh-so-present third trimester I enter you with anticipation. For at the end of this journey our baby girl is going to finally meet us face-to-face. Mr. Schalk and I are eagerly awaiting that day although, there is much to do until Cricket arrives. Some of the list will get completed and some won't. I am so okay with that.
Just curious third T…have I been pregnant forever or is it just the brain lapse kicking in? Because it is starting to feel like forrrreverrrrr (enter kid from The Sandlot now).
So, with that I believe I will sit back, enjoy a few I Love Lucy episodes and sip hot chocolate. Then, I will tackle the house that is itching to be organized and cleaned. Nesting, who me? Nahhhhh (maybe). Enjoying each day while basking in the glory of the belly that is our Cricket, aching at times but joyful that our family gets to include a baby girl oh-so-soon!
Keep cool third T and please be kind. I'm a newbie!
xoxo, The Mama Moose



Lovely post!!! Towards the end of last pregnancy I got so used to being pregnant I would have stayed that way!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! Anyone who says you look big, please just ignore them! I had people telling me I looked ready to pop when I had three months to go - I didn't always respond with grace!
Such exciting times! Enjoy. Thanks for sharing! Xxx
You think people are telling you you are big now?? Just wait! ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah! This is the first giveaway I have ever won! Thanks again, I can't wait to receive my goodies! What a beautifully written letter! I am so excited for you, what an amazing time in your life! Can't wait to see pictures of little Cricket!
ReplyDeleteWow, third trimester already! That's so exciting you and Mr. Schalk are entering the last leg of the race!!! You look amazing as always. And I figure your bump is what it is...some people will think it's too big and some will think it's too small (so many opinions out there!), but really it's just the right size :-).
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you ladies realize just how amazing you all are! Thank you for your encouragement and freedom to be just the size I am! And miss Marinewife, you make me chuckle! I have a sneaking suspicion you know exactly what you're talking about.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smiles and kind words my friends! :)
First of all, you Rachel, you are so cute pregnant! Secondly, what a wonderful mother you already are. Your letter to your sweet girl in the tummy is BEAUTIFUL. What a blessing it will be for her to read someday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie pie you are Rachel! Enjoy these precious times and relish every moment. These are very special times and feelings. Thank you for sharing then with us. xxoo
ReplyDelete